Post your Shops here! - Page 48 -...

User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Looks good but the only problem is every time the cart is updated, you have to redo the changes you made.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 147665 Photo

Ambassador
712 posts

I keep all the files in *todo hacks before publishing* folder,, takes about 1 minute. :cool:

many times, I upload as normal then send my hacks to the server..

the background color is #828731(a dark shade of green),, opacity is 0.3.. I may play with that some.

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Love it Dave, quite inventive I might add. I've cached a few of the ideas you've done which I think are great and as Tassie already mentioned, some so simple yet I didn't think of it either. Funny too because I do have the links on all my products added to take them back to the categories, but never thought to link to the other sizes of the products lol.

How did you setup the PayPal page to be like yours? I'm assuming that's in PayPal itself?

Good luck on all the updates though, I don't think I'd have the patience to do all that, not to mention that any updates to the program could break your changes which could suck.... nope I don't have that much patience lol. Well done indeed though, well done :)
User 147665 Photo

Ambassador
712 posts

@Jo Ann, the hacks are very easy to do and can be done even when asleep at the keyboard.
In my file I keep a modified copy of
css/default.css
css/colorbox.css
js/colorbox.js
ccdata/data/cart.inc.php

after uploading the store with any changes, I upload the hacked files to the server which overwrites the generated files.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The paypal site..Login, hit the "profile" tab in "my account"

Look at all the links in the "Selling Preferences" section

goto "Custom Payment Pages"
In "page styles",, choose "Add"
Give the profile a name(any name)
Add your header image URL in the text box..
Add your custom colors in the other boxes
and "preview" to make sure..
Then save it ,, on the custom profiles page, choose the radio button next to your new profile and make it "primary" or "save" it.
My header is here.. http://www.brevebeautyproducts.com/my_i … oducts.png
I had to make a different images folder that was not the same as the cart creator makes. /my_images

Then to go one step father --if you want--
Make a custom return page on your site for when they are done at paypal, it will return them to your site.

Set that URL in the "Website Payment Preferences"
Turn on "auto return" radio button.
and enter your return page URL.
I just copied one of the cart pages and changed it with the html editor and uploaded it to the server.
This is my return page(it will get some changes) http://www.brevebeautyproducts.com/thankyou.html

This is my first time using paypal, so I had to go through everything to find stuff.. :rolleyes:

User 130978 Photo

Ambassador
3,025 posts

Looks good, Dave, perhaps a "zoom button" instead of clicking on the thumbnail (so people know to click. Having done retail online for about 11 years, I have learned to never, ever assume people know to click on something. To help you out, I can offer my little magnifying glass I made...just add words such as "Zoom In" to an image http://www.wehaveasite.com/images/view.png .

My only other suggestion would be to change the icons...and for enough money for a Starbucks Frappucinno (Venti, of course), my arm could be twisted to create some...

Melanie
User 147665 Photo

Ambassador
712 posts

Great Idea using the magnifying glass icon,, AWESOME idea :) will do! Thank You. :cool:

Yes icons are in the works.. but CoffeeCup should offer sets for sale.. ohhh well
I have some I am working with.. It is funny that icon sets are just not complete as I have found out. :(

User 130978 Photo

Ambassador
3,025 posts

I find that I need to make a whole set of icons for each site I design...I have never used icons supplied with anything...kind of like arriving at a party and the hostess has the same dress on...my magnifying glass, though, I use that all over the place...the original is about 600px wide!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

A lot of the CC graphics from the graphics packs have some great images in them, and they aren't so huge that you couldn't fairly easily scale them down cleaning I think. Just a though, but they have some really awesome ones in those packs that would most definitely work with your site Dave.

Thanks so very much for the help on the PayPal thing, I got it setup with a simple background and just the title part of my logo and it looks good I think hehe. Most appreciated with the help. I did already have the return page setup, just never looked at the rest very much, I was pretty skittish when I first started all this and was afraid to setup too many things in case I might mess it up lol. Now I don't care, well I care, but I think I'm getting a little better at being able to put things back if it messes up :P
User 147665 Photo

Ambassador
712 posts

The zoom magnifying thing will be another file hack, actually 2 hacks, sorry to say..
The thing is,, I want the zoom under the main image, not to the right of it.
And,, on each category page, I want a little notice at the top of the page about click image to see product details.

I haven't nailed it yet, but give me time and I will have it. ;)
The issue I run into is the xml files are compressed or in-line format, so finding my way into them is FUN :)
I have to dig a little bit, but I am almost sure it will be an xml hack.. but the php files might be a more dynamic approach.. hmmm, we'll see.. search and destroy.. ;)

But have no worries, when there is an itch, I will scratch it :)

User 1894280 Photo

10 posts

http://www.hookayid.com
it was really easy to create the shop and a ton of fun.
But I can't wait for the shopping cart creator pro software to come out. I hear it's gonna be great.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.