Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 2179105 Photo

7 posts

As a very happy SCC-P and long term CC customer...you guys are great. We both use you, and occasionally have clients buy your proudcts so we can design carts and web pages for them...and then train them and send on their way!

We currently have the basic PayPal checkout working seamless, and have done so both in IIS & Apache/Linux servers. I do believe a future option to add both PayPal Advanced (better user experience paying if they dislike redirects and paypal site) and the full blown paypal Pro (allow for a complete on-site checkout page). While these do have some PCI requirements for the server, for the most part the PayPal Ecommerce engine seems to still be handling most of the real transaction and hence the PCI part. But the ability to keep the clients on the shopping cart directly, without transfer, and ability to customize the payment page (pro) would seem to be worthwhile options for SCC.
User 626385 Photo

15 posts

Offer Bitcoin payment with Coffeecup Shopping Cart Designer Pro

That would be a timely addition...

Just a reminder regarding discount codes....we still think that functionality would be awesome...
User 177533 Photo

60 posts

I need text input for personalization.
I sure hope this feature is near the top of the list of any updates.

User 2243329 Photo

5 posts

+1
- might be too late though... ...looks like I might be moving to a different platform in order to get text input for personalization....
User 2611426 Photo

11 posts

Hi

Please consider to change the following:

1. At the checkout make also an email button instead of only a print button to send the content by email.
2. when disabling something, do not show it. For example, disable transport means no transport facilities and so do not show that on checkout.
3. make it possible to checkout without payment. (payment on delivery)
4. make all the messages, buttons, titles... on the shop adjustable to our native language. If you want to sell all over the world, that is the first thing you should fix.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

R. Smith wrote:
I need text input for personalization.
I sure hope this feature is near the top of the list of any updates.

That was one of the most requested features for Cart Creator Pro, but sadly the program has had no updates or patches in over two and a half years now. :( At the moment there is no means for the buyer to add notes to the seller, either at product level or as part of the checkout process, which is a very limiting factor.

I know that the (proposed) new shopping cart is getting the responsive layout treatment, with a suggested arrival date later in the year, but that is a huge undertaking, involving a major rewrite of the core program, so do allow for some flexibility on when it will actually arrive. :cool:
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

This one is for a coder (probably Eric or Jo) . . .

I know you can add TinyMCE as HTML to the product description in SCCP. But if you enter notes to the seller or such in that box, what would you have to do to get SCCP to pass that field to PayPal on checkout? Surely there should be a way? I'm just not seeing it. Can you get that input to pass using the standard checkout button, or perhaps code your own paypal button and add it?

Any ideas? I know a lot of users have asked for a way to add notes to the seller.
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Gunsmoke wrote:
But if you enter notes to the seller or such in that box, what would you have to do to get SCCP to pass that field to PayPal on checkout? Surely there should be a way? I'm just not seeing it. Can you get that input to pass using the standard checkout button, or perhaps code your own paypal button and add it?

Any ideas? I know a lot of users have asked for a way to add notes to the seller.

PayPal variables exist to pass both item level text and generic text to the PayPal server. Unfortunately that coding does not form part of the core program of SCC. Whilst the coding could feasibly be changed using the php (when uploaded to the server), there is every probability that those changes would be lost everytime you uploaded new products.

Separate text inputs using forms, away from the main cart input and payment buttons is not a practical proposition and just a recipe for disaster. :(
User 2387893 Photo

32 posts

Be nice if Sccp would have Pretty Urls like coffee.cup.com
http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/shoppin … post231405 instead of http://txomega.com/viewitem.php?productid=18
User 2387893 Photo

32 posts

One suggestion for the Coffeecup Gods.
Need the choice to how many products go on a page and a more link to the next page.
if I load 300 products in one category or sub-category it will load next week with that many images.
Never seen a shopping cart without that option.
Thanks

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.