Unable to get shop uploaded- Help...

User 2336860 Photo

252 posts

For PHP 5 compatibility edit the config.inc.php file.

Find this at the top of the file (line 16 specifically)
// we don't like it when E_NOTICE is set
//error_reporting(E_ALL );
error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);

Change to this:
// we don't like it when E_NOTICE is set
//error_reporting(E_ALL );
error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT);

:D

User 2387893 Photo

32 posts

Thanks Scott I noticed that when I was browsing files and was going to change to see what all was being suppressed. I really don't like to suppress errors. I tent to try and fix them.
User 2336860 Photo

252 posts

Who is your host? I have some issues with mine (HostGator), but have learned to work around them, except for Direct FTP not working at all with them.

When I use the Publish feature, I sometimes have to do this twice. It will let me know that one file did not upload. If I Publish again after that all is well. Again this is I believe an issue with HostGator and not CoffeeCup.

I rarely use the Publish feature anymore as I have many files in SCCP that I edit afterwords. I just Export for Upload, make my edits and FTP the files onto my server.

User 2387893 Photo

32 posts

Upload complete Inventory -Finished Synchronizing? Inventory. The only problem I see is I dont know where it is going. Not to the folder I have set under the server tab LOl
User 2387893 Photo

32 posts

No Host Scott, servers are in the office.
I found where the files are going and it has to be server side not with the script.
Under server tab I have server set at txomega.com folder \store\ The Publish tab is sending it
to a folder called txomega.info/store.
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,186 posts
Online Now

This is probably the problem.
\store\
Should be
/store/
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Keep in mind, all you people that are uploading manually, that unless you script a special setup of your own, the inventory feature will not be usable. For the inventory feature of the program to be useable you need to upload through the program and not manually. Just letting you know in case you're unaware of that situation.
User 2387893 Photo

32 posts

Tanks Eric it is already /store/
This is probably the problem.
\store\
Should be
/store/

The script adds the slashes for you no matter what you put in the box
User 132179 Photo

3 posts

I am also having a problem uploading the shop files using publish.
My host is Netsonic.
I have tried for the remote folder: /shop/ and also /var/www/html/shop/

I can use Html Editor to upload files OK using /var/www/html/ for the main web folder.

I can also use Free FTP to upload all the shop files to the shop folder and the website seems to work OK. But it takes a long time to upload.

When using publish to upload I get a 'An error while uploading' error for every file.
I use ftp for the protocol on port 21.
User 2151205 Photo

5 posts

I am trying to upload my updated website and keep getting error message about FTP server. I am using the same logon I have used for the last 8 years. I am with 1&1.

I tried testing a new site and the same error came up.I switched off my antivirus.

Please help as I have had to disable the website as my customers are complaining about inaccurate information.

Sylvia

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.