Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 544680 Photo

171 posts

Here's more about it (http://googlecommerce.blogspot.com/2013 … t-for.html). Google Wallet will still be offered but, it appears, merchants will need to find another payment processor.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Yep found the link myself at https://support.google.com/checkout/sel … 0449?hl=en which is the official Google payments site.

I must admit I have only ever had one person pay by Google, but fortunately I also accept PayPal too. I hope the guys at Coffeecup are taking note of this and also the fact that the current cart will not work with later versions of PHP as the host providers update their servers.
User 544680 Photo

171 posts

I get the feeling that SCC is not a priority anymore. CC is focused on S-Drive and responsive web design. I can't really blame them. What incentive do they have when all existing customers get a software update for free? With S-Drive, they receive recurring monthly fees. They can also create new responsive themes for sale.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

We will be removing Google support from the software in August but I am not sure if we are going to invest the time into Google Wallet just yet. We have found that the overwhelming majority of our customers hardly use it, so we may for that reason remove all support for it. This just depends on how complicated the Google Wallet API is.

Shopping Cart is still very much on our roadmap for updates and enhancements. With the focus on responsive design, we are going to be able to apply that to all programs which would then bring responsive design to your shops.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

My idea of responsive design, is a clear 'buy now' button. :D

Google wallet will only be available for digital goods after November it will NOT be available for physical goods after that date, so will be little point in keeping it for the cart for most users.
User 1987735 Photo

1 post

We have a great need for a customer line input for personlization on selected items. We are using paypal for our payments.
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,190 posts

Hi Michael,
Until CC can implement this feature you can use the form builder to include the needed input on the shop page.:cool:
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 30953 Photo

8 posts

After years of use, this is what SCC needs for us.
1. discount coupons
2. integration with UPS and USPS
3. integration with our merchant accounts. Google is never used and some don't like paypal.
4. companion mobile site
5. printable invoice of order

If needed in order to garner continuing support and upgrades from CC, charge $10.00 per update.
User 2243329 Photo

5 posts

I have been using SCC pro for some time and its awesome, so I will make the following suggestions, most of which have already been mentioned earlier in this thread:

1. +1 for Personalization or message entry on each item page - could be a drop down suggestion list with provision for customer to type their own message.
2. +1 for Cart to send email to me when checkout is complete - Relying on PayPal email has failed me several times resulting in unhappy customers.
3. +1 for Show gross amounts on items and display tax breakdown in cart - to satisfy Australian & European tax rules.
4. +1 for Order without payment option - aka quote request cart - cart would simply send email of contents to me.
5. +1 for Responsive design to cater for mobile users - (I know its already on the map - just confirming it :D )
5. I know this one is probably way outside the scope of SCC development but seeing it has already been requested I would +1 it if it were possible - integration with QuickBooks accounting software (now renamed Reckon Accounts)

+1 for the idea of charging for updates if will make the development team more responsive :P
I wouldn't mind paying $10 or $20 per update :/

The big one here for us is the personalization message, as markets are changing resulting in a need for customization of product in order to remain competitive, and tied to it would be the quote cart option - it would be good to know whether or not these suggestions are on the road map for SCC, because if not, we may need to abandon SCC for something else for building our next website, which I would hate to do because it is so damn good otherwise!
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Sherdz wrote:
The big one here for us is the personalization message, as markets are changing resulting in a need for customization of product in order to remain competitive, and tied to it would be the quote cart option - it would be good to know whether or not these suggestions are on the road map for SCC, because if not, we may need to abandon SCC for something else for building our next website, which I would hate to do because it is so damn good otherwise!

Having user input is perhaps the number one priority for SCC or perhaps that should read hopefully it is the number one priority. :) It not just for personalised products where it would be be of help though, as even a 'notes to seller' box in the checkout process that would allow buyers to state special requirements such as a separate delivery address, would really benefit both the shop owner and the buyer.

The entry of an email address in the checkout process is also something to be considered, as those of us that use PayPal know that confirmation emails are not always sent out to the seller and even occasionally the buyer.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.