Discount Coupon Code? - Post ID 251531

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Gunsmoke wrote:
Hmmm, so you ARE actually working on a responsive cart ??

That is the plan. Still very early though. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Light at the end of the tunnel! :cool:
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 2723882 Photo

31 posts

So I bought RSD and am thinking about buying the enchilada (the $300 option).

I badly need to replace my current shopping cart software and have been demoing (that a word?) shopping cart creator and designer. To say I am impressed is an understatement. Hence, I am now considering the $300 bundle - even though I own several of the products now.

However, if there is going to be a responsive shopping cart creator, will that be coming out any time soon? Will it load previous shopping cart projects?

If so, I may hold off. The carts look great on a larger phone in landscape mode, but on smaller phones, perhaps not so good. That is where a responsive version of shopping cart creator and designer would be amazing. I would buy them instantly.

Yes, an affiliate program would be nice, but not a deal killer, but coupon codes/coupons and gift options are quite important in a shopping cart software. It also needs a few more shipping options - like shipping calculated by number of items (1-5 = one price, while 6-10 = another price, etc).

Mike
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,087 posts

Hi Mike,

I have heard that the responsive shopping cart will be coming sometime not sure when. As for it being able to open current shops my guess would be no. The program that they will develop would be an entirely different application then sccp and most likely will not open any existing carts.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2723882 Photo

31 posts

Until then, let me ask you: is it possible to 'fake' responsive with shopping cart designer pro by designing a larger template that would be mobile phone touch friendly? Bigger buttons, bigger text, etc?

Just a thought.

Also, is there a way to add a contact us page or other pages to a shopping cart creator pro/designer pro project in software?

Mike
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I would highly suggest you put in a ticket to support and ask them this question of compatibility with the shopping cart as I'm guessing most of this will be done using the Designer (just guessing though) and although the cart stuff will need to be compatible, they are usually pretty good about making sure their previous created products are compatible with the new ones. Using Form Builder as an example, I don't think it ever had a build that you couldn't open your last created forms with the new versions and have them work.

Just saying I'd ask them and see so you don't sit and wait if it won't be of course, but this way you know if you should wait on getting the package deal or not as well. :)

As for your question on pages, I believe you can add up to 5 extra pages to the cart which will show up as a drop down under either your Home button or the Shop Home button (whichever you set it up to do). So although that answer is yes, it will not show on the menu bar, just as a dropdown. I believe there's some posts elsewhere on the forums that may address this and someone showed how to make it show on the bar, but I don't recall where that is sorry.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.