Purchased URL affiliated with free...

User 2147473 Photo

156 posts

I just signed on for the Webbie plan and added a url. Previously, I used the free .coffeecup address for streams. My new domain address however, still points to the old streams that were on the free .coffeecup site. For now, I changed the new url to display "Site" rather than "Streams" under settings. Questions:

1. I noticed that under Manage Domains, there was an option to point the new url away from the .coffeecup web address, to "not on s-drive." What does this do when selected?

2. Why does my free .coffeecup address still have anything to do with my newly purchased domain?

3. Is there a way to delete old streams in bundles rather than one at a time?

Thanks guys.
User 2147473 Photo

156 posts

Okay,

I think I understand a little more now about the purchased url affixed to the coffeecup free url account.

I created a second free .coffeecup account and pointed my purchased domain to it in order to have a clean slate. Only now, my stream isn't working.

To sum it up:

wordreach.coffeecup.com = initial setup
soldoutbeliever.com = webbie purchased account
soldoutbeliever.coffeecup.com = new free account for clean slate

Under "Manage Domains" I have:

soldoutbeliever.com pointing to the "S-Drive Address," soldoutbeliever.coffeecup.com, with its fresh stream.

Under S-Drive Settings for my webbie account soldoutbeleiver.com, I have:

Primary Domain Name = soldoutbeliever.com
Coffeecup URL = soldoutbeliever.coffeecup.com
Default Content = Stream

Problem = no stream just CC "oops" page

Must I point the webbie puchased URL/domain to the original wordreach.coffeecup.com for it to work?

There seems to be too much juggling here. A bit frustrating.

Thanks all.

Posted this under S-Drive General. Sorry for the redundancy.
User 2147473 Photo

156 posts

I think I understand now from searching the forums. Basically, your stuck with the .coffeecup address that is originally assigned to the purchased webbie domain.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

That is correct. We cannot rename that address, but I can delete them and then you can create a new name and point the domain to that. If that is what you would like, just open a support ticket for that and I will take care of that for you.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2147473 Photo

156 posts

Thanks Scott. That sounds good. I'll make a ticket. I've already created an additional site: soldoutbeliever.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.