Tutorial: Create a Simple Collapsing...

User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

mark johnson wrote:
Hello All...
Mansour...the parallax video is very helpful! Thanks!

I would like to apply the parallax effect to the "comet" layout in the template pack? What I have done so far was not change the layout at all, but add the parallax from the video to the very top. It works except when the pre-existing layout comes up it is below the banner image (not above)...as well...I have removed the element "main" that is done in the video...same result...whether its there or not=same thing. I have played around with css a bunch and have got so many variations to partially work but not all to work.

Any ideas? I have nothing to post as I did not save it. I messed around with "position relative" on just about the entire css and that yielded the closest...but no cigar. :) Speaking of that...is there a "blanket" command to apply a "position:relative" as opposed to doing each one separately?

I hope someone can follow what I'm trying to say. If not, no worries.

Thanks to all who are constantly helping others (like me) on this forum!!!:)

MJ

Sorry it's hard to tell without any project file.
search YouTube or Google you may get some tuts.
Guys at coffeecup are awesometacular.
User 2896679 Photo

7 posts

I logged in (RSD owner) but the above tutorial links to YouTube result in "Video Unavailable. This video is private." The problem in question is very current to me, and I need the training (still very new to RSD).
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Kent V. Busse wrote:
I logged in (RSD owner) but the above tutorial links to YouTube result in "Video Unavailable. This video is private." The problem in question is very current to me, and I need the training (still very new to RSD).

Responsive Layout Maker is no longer valid,, what CC app ate you using

And the video was made by a user like yourself not by Coffee Cup. I am not sure whether he is still with Coffee Cup as a user or not, as we havent seen him around for a long time
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2792467 Photo

161 posts

Wouldn't it be nice if Coffeecup makes an official statement about those obsolete apps and marks the related forums as "archive: informational only" or something like that?
Eindhoven :: Netherlands

It's easy to see, once you see it.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Hennie wrote:
Wouldn't it be nice if Coffeecup makes an official statement about those obsolete apps and marks the related forums as "archive: informational only" or something like that?

Presumably they keep them open for those that still use the apps. They have no control over a user that makes a video about something and then later decides to take it down.perhaps one of the moderators needs to delete the posts with the link to the video that no longer works
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

That probably will mean wading through an unknown number of such user videos on a regular basis to check if they are still available. A bit too much hassle, me thinks...
If the users creating the videos would make it known whenever they take them off the web, that would of course make it easier.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Inger wrote:
That probably will mean wading through an unknown number of such user videos on a regular basis to check if they are still available. A bit too much hassle, me thinks...
If the users creating the videos would make it known whenever they take them off the web, that would of course make it easier.

I meant now that you know it's no longer there in this thread
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

OK, Take a look.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.