Redesign in Progress - Post ID 226553

User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

G'kar wrote:
Yes it's a funny game Web Design. Your dead right about those templates, they don't really cut the cake.

Mind having said all that I'm on a forum where there's this Graphic Designer, loves to tell everyone how to do it and I went on his site and seriously you think a 5 yr old had done it :cool: absolutely dreadful, but he's the one that gets the decent clients.

Do not judge a book by its cover. I have designed many websites throughout the years where clients only want the basics. White background black text and a few images. No matter how many times the suggestion was made to "Spruce it up". Those sites to me look horrible, but the main thing is that the client got exactly what they wanted.

Having the skills and constructing a clients dream are two different things. :)
User 603315 Photo

938 posts

Adam East wrote:
G'kar wrote:
Yes it's a funny game Web Design. Your dead right about those templates, they don't really cut the cake.

Mind having said all that I'm on a forum where there's this Graphic Designer, loves to tell everyone how to do it and I went on his site and seriously you think a 5 yr old had done it :cool: absolutely dreadful, but he's the one that gets the decent clients.

Do not judge a book by its cover. I have designed many websites throughout the years where clients only want the basics. White background black text and a few images. No matter how many times the suggestion was made to "Spruce it up". Those sites to me look horrible, but the main thing is that the client got exactly what they wanted.

Having the skills and constructing a clients dream are two different things. :)

Absolutely Adam, this chap I'm on about though it's his own site, so someone is seeing something in it. I've designed absolute tripe for people :D:lol:
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Hey, I have an absolutely tripe site right now! I keep playing with different things and some times they work out, sometimes not. Already have a more, um, subdued site in works. . .:D
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 603315 Photo

938 posts

Gunsmoke wrote:
Hey, I have an absolutely tripe site right now! I keep playing with different things and some times they work out, sometimes not. Already have a more, um, subdued site in works. . .:D

:lol::cool: Yes well as the saying goes content is King.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.