Properties across break points - Post...

User 2601283 Photo

219 posts

Is there an easy way to keep the properties once you have them set so that as you move from break point to break point you only have to change things that you want changed? I think I missed a step. Every time I change break points, I loose all color/font/size fomating.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Hi Angie,

Think of it like this. Start at your largest view before all your breakpoints start. Set the size/color/font that you would like. This change will inherently be passed down to all other breakpoints. As you're moving your slider to the left passing each break point change the size/color/font and it will be inherently passed down to all lower breakpoints.

This theory works for all style changes you make. Remember start of at your largest size rather than from the smallest.

Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2601283 Photo

219 posts

That's what I did. But they all change back to the default.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

They shouldn't change back if you saved them. I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I have been using RLM for a long time and never ran into this issue.

Can you attach a copy of your RLM project so we can see.

Thanks
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Angie,

When you say "Change Breakpoints" are you deleting the breakpoint and reading them? Or just moving the slider into that breakpoint?
User 2601283 Photo

219 posts

Moving slider to break point.
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Open a support ticket and attach your RLMP file and I will take a look. :)
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

You are using a Mobile First layout. Which means you have to build from the left to the right. Not like the desktop down which is right to left.

You may want to choose to restart your project in a desktop down project by going to File > New From > and choosing one of the Desktop Down Versions.
User 2601283 Photo

219 posts

Is there a way to salvage what I have? I have restarted so many times because of bugs in software, not being able to save changes etc.....

The site I have is in VSD and that is now flipping out and I can't update those files. UUGGHH!!!!
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

You can use what you have now and just keep using the Mobile layout. You will need to design the site however starting all the way to the left of the slider going up to what you currently have.

There is nothing wrong with Mobile layouts it just takes some time getting used to. I myself prefer a Desktop down layout. :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.