Missing image element width auto...

User 2699991 Photo

4,798 posts
Online Now

Good Morning from sunny Bali.
I am using RLM 1.1 build 2746 (registered pro user)

When you open RLM there are some choices for beginners one is "Kickstart with Quick-start Template"" on the first part of the template is a row with 4 coloured columns2 of the columns have an image element inside 1:1 ratio.

I am wanting to do something like that on a site am doing my problem is that on the properties for the image placeholder there is a tick box that gives the choice for auto width.(screen shot of properties panel attached rlm.jpg)

On my version of RLM that tickbox choice isn't there (screen shot of my properties panel for image placeholder attached rlm-mine)

I am wanting to keep the image at a maximum width of 200 px centered in the column it is placed in, with an auto width to keep it centered, without that auto width option in order to keep it centered throughout all the different break points for the page I have to choose the option for no maximum width which makes the image too large when viewed on larger screen sizes, and also too large when it reaches the break point where I stack the columns.

If I play around with margins and padding, then it needs a huge amount of alterations to keep it centered thoughout all the widths on the slider (not just the breakpoints)

Question is
1/ How come on that Quickstart template there is the tick box for an auto width option on images, and yet when I start a new project there isn't. (is there a setting somewhere I have missed)

2/ If that option isn't available on my version of RLM how can I achieve the effect I need (image centered in the column thoughout every available width on the slider, without changing margins and or padding every time the width of the page changes.

Thank you for any indormation solution help
Have a great day wherever in the world you are
Attachments:
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Looking at the 2 screenshots, one is for an Image and the other is for an Image Link. Those are two different elements with different options.

http://s21.postimg.org/os6y5u3pz/Screen_Shot_2015_10_27_at_10_00_07_PM.png
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2699991 Photo

4,798 posts
Online Now

Well thats it Thank you very very muchsimple really sometimes I am so stupid.

Thanks for swift response
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2699991 Photo

4,798 posts
Online Now

Mind you I still need ask the question then why only have that tickbox with image link and not with plain old ordinary image?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Wayanjaya wrote:
Mind you I still need ask the question then why only have that tickbox with image link and not with plain old ordinary image?

We considered it. But to make it simpler for the users, we decided to make two separate elements.
User 2699991 Photo

4,798 posts
Online Now

Thank you Adam and Scott, I understand it, and now isn't confusing me, but still can't see why not just have the choice for auto width on both, that way even the most simple of users (like me) would find find it even more simple to use.

By the way the more I use this the better it gets, Really enjoying the experience and also learning to do the tweeking bit in css etc once i have exported it,,, Keeps the old grey matter going instead of just vegetating on the beach with a couple of cold beers.:D:D
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Wayanjaya wrote:
Thank you Adam and Scott, I understand it, and now isn't confusing me, but still can't see why not just have the choice for auto width on both, that way even the most simple of users (like me) would find find it even more simple to use.

By the way the more I use this the better it gets, Really enjoying the experience and also learning to do the tweeking bit in css etc once i have exported it,,, Keeps the old grey matter going instead of just vegetating on the beach with a couple of cold beers.:D:D

I will take note of it, and see if we can add it to a future release of the program.

Glad you are enjoying the program, and I agree, they can keep the beach and beer, as long as I have my computer. :P

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.