Is RSD still in the works? - Page 2

User 2093747 Photo


Registered User
69 posts

I say take your time and release the best and easiest to use product. There a many people counting on this RLD to replace VSD so expectations are very high. It would be very disappointing if the product was prematurely released and didn't meet the expectations of your supporters. Make it right.
WHC
Quick Biz Websites
www.quickbizwebsites.com
User 2088758 Photo


Senior Advisor
2,700 posts

I say take your time and release the best and easiest to use product. There a many people counting on this RLD to replace VSD so expectations are very high. It would be very disappointing if the product was prematurely released and didn't meet the expectations of your supporters. Make it right.


Hi Bill,

As another helpful suggestion I would also add for any of you that are thinking about getting Responsive Site Designer to go and get a copy of Responsive Layout Maker. There is a little bit of a learning curve and from what I understand RSD will have vary similar mechanics along with a few new ones. Please go get your copy today: http://www.coffeecup.com/responsive-layout-maker-pro/

This will help prepare you for RSD when it comes.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2093747 Photo


Registered User
69 posts

Steve wrote:
As another helpful suggestion I would also add for any of you that are thinking about getting Responsive Site Designer to go and get a copy of Responsive Layout Maker. There is a little bit of a learning curve and from what I understand RSD will have vary similar mechanics along with a few new ones. Please go get your copy today: http://www.coffeecup.com/responsive-layout-maker-pro/

This will help prepare you for RSD when it comes.


Steve, are you sure you're not a paid employee of CoffeeCup? Seem like it at times. :):):)
WHC
Quick Biz Websites
www.quickbizwebsites.com
User 2484360 Photo


Registered User
3,293 posts

Bill wrote:
Steve wrote:
As another helpful suggestion I would also add for any of you that are thinking about getting Responsive Site Designer to go and get a copy of Responsive Layout Maker. There is a little bit of a learning curve and from what I understand RSD will have vary similar mechanics along with a few new ones. Please go get your copy today: http://www.coffeecup.com/responsive-layout-maker-pro/

This will help prepare you for RSD when it comes.


Steve, are you sure you're not a paid employee of CoffeeCup? Seem like it at times. :):):)


Passion for something can sometimes be bought, but when you have something that really works, and really saves you a lot of time it is worth promoting. :)

User 2088758 Photo


Senior Advisor
2,700 posts

Hey Bill,

I assure you I am not a CC employee :). I am a user just like you.

Here is the thing, when I started my business 3 years ago I hand coded everything. It would take me 1 - 2 weeks to complete a full website. I wanted to find a way to be more efficient so I started the search for some software that could save me some production time.

I found a lot of possible solutions out there and tried a lot of different software. I quickly became very frustrated with software and software companies that offered a crappy product and even worse customer support.

When I found coffeecup that all changed. I, like you and many others, had many questions and sought help quite often. Whether it was through opening a support ticket or asking here in the forums I always got a very prompt and helpful answer. This company, software and forum community are second to none!

With all that being said I wanted to give back a little in thanks for all the time people spent helping me.

My passion for web design is strong. When I find something as good as the software and support as Coffeecup I take anytime I can to promote and share with others.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 10077 Photo


Senior Advisor
1,021 posts

Bill wrote:
Steve wrote:
This will help prepare you for RSD when it comes.

Steve, are you sure you're not a paid employee of CoffeeCup? Seem like it at times. :):):)

I see your three smiles, so I know you're teasing. However, I want to take an opportunity here. You'd think several of us are paid employees of CC, but we are not. Adam is right. When you find something that works as well as RLM and saves so much development time, you become passionate about it. In this case, Steve isn't just trying to hype/sell a CC product. He is actually giving a good suggestion.

Buying RLM now will do a few of things for you.
1. Most importantly, you'll learn to think responsively if you are not already doing so. That's very important.
2. RSD should be set up to work very similar to RLM. Learning RLM now will prepare you for RSD.
3. Owners of RLM will probably be able to buy RSD before those who do not own RLM.

As I said, I know you are teasing Steve, but I wanted to show the reason that Steve and others are encouraging people to go ahead and buy RLM.

How-To Instructions for Coffeecup Users (tutorials, examples, and downloads)
http://usconsumernet.net/help-for-coffe … -users.php

Personal & Specialized Help for Coffeecup Users
Email me at cchelp@uscni.org or call 865-687-7698
User 2601283 Photo


Registered User
211 posts

I do love this software and would really like it to the the best possible release. It just gets tiring with all of the "Get Excited - Great Things are coming !!!", so people are holding back on projects because the big stuff is coming SOON. But soon never seems to come. So do you do it once for the future or update it with the old stuff to only have to do it all over again on the new stuff. I bought RLM months ago and have spent LOTS of time learning it, but not being a coder and having to use the HTML editor has made things difficult. If I had realized it was going to be this long before the release, I would have waited to make the change to responsive until next year. (My site goes through major changes every August.)
User 103173 Photo


VP of Software Development
0 posts

This is a catch-22 for us. We hate to commit on any timetables for this exact reason. If we tell everyone that we are creating something, we get a bombardment on more details and complaints on the time frame. If we do not make any comments at all, we get the same amount of emails asking us why not. This is also why we posted nothing on RED until a few weeks ago. ;)

Creating a responsive site designer product is no small task. It is a very, very complex project. We are a small team that works very hard and still manages to bring out quite a few amazing products and reasonable prices. RSD is one that needs careful planning and lots and lots of testing. We get only one chance to make a first impression, so we are going to make it a good one.

This is how we see it. :)

Q: Are you doing to create a responsive site designer?
A: Yes, we do have plans.

Q: When are you going to release it.
A: We do not have an exact date yet, but we are working hard on it.

Q: But I need it right now. Please give me an estimate on when it will be ready.
A: We don't have an exact date, but we hope by the end of the year. We
hate to commit to any date.

Q: Why is it not out yet, you promised it would be out by the end of the year.
A: We never promised. We just said we hope to release it soon and
hopefully by the end of the end of the year.

Q: But I need it now. Why is it not ready? Stop making false claims. I am angry.
A: We are sorry you are angry. We are trying our best to get RSD released, but this is no small program. It is a full site designer which takes a lot of time/effort and resources. Be patient.

Q: It has been 16 hours since my last email. Why is it not ready yet?
I need this ASAP.
A: In the last 16 hours we have made a lot of progress, but not enough to release it. Hang in there.

Q: Is it ready yet?
A: It has only been 16 hours and 27 minutes. I am sorry, but not yet.

Q: I have just sold a responsive design site to 3000 of my customers, but I cannot deliver. I am angry again.
A: I am sorry you are still angry and sold something you cannot
deliver. We are working hard on bringing thing program to market. Be
patient.

Q: Are you doing to create a responsive site designer?
A: No. We gave up. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2601283 Photo


Registered User
211 posts

Thanks for the update. I know better how to plan things out now.
User 2336860 Photo


Registered User
252 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:

This is how we see it. :)

Q: Are you doing to create a responsive site designer?
A: Yes, we do have plans.

Q: When are you going to release it.
A: We do not have an exact date yet, but we are working hard on it.

Q: But I need it right now. Please give me an estimate on when it will be ready.
A: We don't have an exact date, but we hope by the end of the year. We
hate to commit to any date.

Q: Why is it not out yet, you promised it would be out by the end of the year.
A: We never promised. We just said we hope to release it soon and
hopefully by the end of the end of the year.

Q: But I need it now. Why is it not ready? Stop making false claims. I am angry.
A: We are sorry you are angry. We are trying our best to get RSD released, but this is no small program. It is a full site designer which takes a lot of time/effort and resources. Be patient.

Q: It has been 16 hours since my last email. Why is it not ready yet?
I need this ASAP.
A: In the last 16 hours we have made a lot of progress, but not enough to release it. Hang in there.

Q: Is it ready yet?
A: It has only been 16 hours and 27 minutes. I am sorry, but not yet.

Q: I have just sold a responsive design site to 3000 of my customers, but I cannot deliver. I am angry again.
A: I am sorry you are still angry and sold something you cannot
deliver. We are working hard on bringing thing program to market. Be
patient.

Q: Are you going to create a responsive site designer?
A: No. We gave up. ;)


That should definitely earn you some bonus cookies. Especially the last two!!! :lol::lol:


Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.