html script loop on click - Post ID...

User 2686314 Photo

25 posts

i want to update multiple iframes with one button click, and I dont want to have to edit the src title a bunch of times... I tried this... didnt work...

<script>
function setURL(url){
<%
Dim t
For i = 0 to 1
document.getElementById('frame' & t).src = url & "0" & t & ".html";
Next
>%
}
<script>

<button type="button" class="siteButton0" onclick="setURL('about')">About</button>

essentialy I have frame0 and frame1 and want to replace url with about00.html and about01.html respectively.

thanks in advance...
“We are Achaians coming from Troy, beaten off our true course by winds from every direction across the great gulf of the open sea, making for home, by the wrong way, on the wrong courses. So we have come. So it has pleased Zeus to arrange it.”’
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Hi Visioneer,

What Coffeecup software are you having issues with? Please limit the questions to CC related products if you can. I wish I knew the answer to your question but one of our friends in the forum might be able to help.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2686314 Photo

25 posts

Im in RLM. I just bought a bunch of stuff. am i not allowed to ask any question? #REALLY?!?!
“We are Achaians coming from Troy, beaten off our true course by winds from every direction across the great gulf of the open sea, making for home, by the wrong way, on the wrong courses. So we have come. So it has pleased Zeus to arrange it.”’
User 2686314 Photo

25 posts

Im only trying to get a website up so i can have a job. sorry if i inconvenienced someone with an inappropriate question...
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts
Online Now

I'm not totally sure what you need but this might work for ya.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8785 … iframe-src
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Let me first start with yes, you can ask any question you want to hear as long as it in some way encompasses the use of a CC software issue/item/problem/etc. Your question doesn't have to really have any bearing on the software itself (sorry Steve, but that's the truth), but we tend to help those using CC software a little more readily than someone just showing up trying to pick brains for help while they make money on websites doing it (basically we frown on people that get others to do their work for them while they get paid for the results if that makes more sense). Other than that, ask away!

As from there I don't have an actual answer for your question, but a question for you. Why are you using frames? It is extremely unorthodox to do so in today's website setups and could very well be why you're having issues with it while using RLM that doesn't account for frames at all. Frames has pretty much been a discontinued system for quite some time now in response to using CSS today for page structure. CSS is what RLM uses so my guess is you're probably conflicting with the built in system of RLM when you're trying to install frames into it. Just guessing here of course.

If you can be more specific on "why" you're using frames, you may find some pretty helpful people here that will help guide you to a better and more responsive way to create your site.

Other than that, if you're only trying to do a simple site for getting a job (that doesn't include a web building job that is lol), you might be much better off trying to use VSD to create it. If you're trying to do a web building job then I wouldn't use VSD as it's not responsive in any way.

Feed us some more details and lets see if we can get your issue worked out. :)

*disclaimer*: I don't pretend to always understand your question correctly, so don't shoot the messenger if my answer does not handle your problem :)
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Well said Jo Ann, I wanted to type something along that lines too but I was answering the question from my phone :) and I hate typing long messages from it lol. :D

@Visioneer I am sorry if i offended you as that was not my intent. You may also want to take note that there are many different forum rooms available for you to use, if you have a question pertaining to a particular piece of CC software please post it there. Not only does it help keep the topics organized but it gives us a better clue what software you are having problems using.

Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2686314 Photo

25 posts

Steve... it was 1 oclock in the am and I am still unemployed and not sure how im going to pay rent, Im throwing the dice on something I have never done before in some insane attempt to prove my sanity, see Einsteins definition of insanity....I appologize... Im enjoying this but Im not a spring chicken anymore and my clock is ticking... I appologize but my strees factor is through the roof and I am jackson pollock throwing spaghetti at a wall... guess what... nothing is sticking...

Jo Anne, thank you for your professional response. I'm not getting paid for my work right now either, but I'm still expected to act professional... I am not a designer, I have a degree in media art and animation. I have 12 feature films under my belt and my unemployment has expired and all visual effects work continues to migrate to canada.

I am using iframes to call in pages from the website... my goal... the user never leave the home page... all other pages are brought in through viewPorts.. I am not srourcing outside my site... yet... but the intention is to, more or less, contain the entire site on one page....

I am using RLM to build a website on coffee cup s-drive for my uncle, who is as starting to feel the pinch of the "recovered" economy as well, there is no one here that is not ready to pop...

User 2686314 Photo

25 posts

Ok, scratch this thread... I will find my answers... and i will teach y'all a thing or two about website design in the process...
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Visioneer wrote:
Ok, scratch this thread... I will find my answers... and i will teach y'all a thing or two about website design in the process...

Great! Many people search for assistance in the forums and one more person that is willing to help others can never hurt.

Although I would like to comment on your question. I would not recommend using frames for your site, they are outdated. They provide poor SEO and can be a pain to upkeep.

I know you are starting out in Web Design, but I want to make sure you are taking the correct first steps. So my advice would be to forget frames and start building your responsive empire with RLM!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.