Exporting RLM project - Post ID 232919

User 2488786 Photo

190 posts

When I go to export it ask me for a folder and I select the folder my project is in, but it always creates another folder with "_exported" on the end and I have to copy and paste each time.
So should I just switch and used the exported one, since I'm only testing it wouldn't be a big deal, but was wondering for later when I export and try to edit other projects.
If there's a link to instruction I would appreciate it.
Thanks

An expert at using the wrong tool the right way.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Hi Rick,

I usually have two places that i store my projects in. One called "In Progress" and one called "Final Projects", then i export and leave the name of the project "filename_exported" in each. Once I have my initial build complete i will export it to the Final Projects folder.

If I make any changes to my project I will always save to the In Progress folder. If they are only style changes, once exported I will copy the css files to the Final Project project files that way I don't have to re-write my content.

Of course this isn't in any manual its just how I chose to organize myself. There are many ways to accomplish the same thing.

Hope this helps
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

That much work would give me a headache Steve LOL. I always keep a backup when I'm going to make major changes to any form, but I only backup the .fb file to a backups location and that's really all that's needed. Saving the exported stuff is kind of moot other than to keep the current exported folder.

Rick it's a very good idea to just copy and paste those files as some day the scenario will be that you have more than one menu on your page and you forget to rename the 2nd one to something else and it's now called the same as the first menu and you now just overwrote your first menu and didn't realize it until "after" you uploaded it and overwrote it on the server too, etc. etc.

I created a Form Builder Files folder that doesn't get uploaded ever. In there I keep my .fb files as well as any backups I keep of the .fb files. I export the menu to that location and copy the files from there to the root where they will be going. This is just a good practice so that you don't accidentally overwrite something that you may have not kept a backup of or lost the file for etc.

Just my 2 cents on the subject, but don't make it more work than is needed :P
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Jo Ann he is using RLMP not Form Builder :rolleyes:
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2488786 Photo

190 posts

Yes I was talking about RLMP, but I will take both suggestions in to account.
I always remember about backups after the fact. LOL
An expert at using the wrong tool the right way.
User 2614236 Photo

141 posts

Oh I built the 9 part tutorial and saved and sent it to the SDrive on my account. I am new to this game. If I want to use this template how do i do it. Nothing saved on my computer it went straight to SDrive. The files are up there. How do i download them so i can use this layout and manipulate it in dreamweaver or other editing software. Have I missed something?
Tony
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Anthony Walker wrote:
Oh I built the 9 part tutorial and saved and sent it to the SDrive on my account. I am new to this game. If I want to use this template how do i do it. Nothing saved on my computer it went straight to SDrive. The files are up there. How do i download them so i can use this layout and manipulate it in dreamweaver or other editing software. Have I missed something?

You can not upload to S-Drive without saving your project. The program just will not allow it.

The project file is on your computer somewhere, try searching for .rlmp to see if you can find it! :)
User 2614236 Photo

141 posts

Yes I think your right but what it did do when I uploaded it is it wiped the file I was working by putting me right back to the start with 2 blank rows. All work lost as far as I am concerned. However surely i should be able to get the download from my S Drive. If not what is the point of having a S Drive?
Tony

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.