Backgrounds and Grids - Post ID 231328

User 458539 Photo


Registered User
1,233 posts

Hello,

Have made a few responsive sites and the software is great. I bought the themes and have been looking at them but I don't really get how to handle grids and what they exactly do.

How do you change the background color of the page in RLM?

User 122279 Photo


Senior Advisor
12,534 posts
Online Now

The grid is the very background of your template/layout. If you are used to coding, you could say the grid is the <body>. And to change the background colour, you select the properties of the grid and make your change there.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway
My new honey site, built with RFF: http://www.eikweb.com/horgenhonning/
Component sharing for RFF, RBB, RSD and SD: http://www.eikweb.com/sharing/


User 2088758 Photo


Senior Advisor
2,716 posts

Hi there Byron,

You can find alot of useful information here:

http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … art-guide/

If you have an additional questions please feel free to ask.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 458539 Photo


Registered User
1,233 posts

Inger - so I do not change those in RLM but my editor? As some of the themes (which I never seems to be able to use - my clients always want something else!) I was looking at (thought I could get some ideas there) already had a bkg color in them htat seemed to be entered in RLM

Thanks

Byron
User 2484360 Photo


Registered User
3,293 posts

Bryon Tipping wrote:
Inger - so I do not change those in RLM but my editor? As some of the themes (which I never seems to be able to use - my clients always want something else!) I was looking at (thought I could get some ideas there) already had a bkg color in them htat seemed to be entered in RLM

Thanks

Byron


You can add a background color to the Grid, Rows or Columns in RLM. If you are wanting an image or gradient background those would all be done after export.

But if you open Milky Way, or Nova you will see the background is applied there on certain columns and rows. :)
User 458539 Photo


Registered User
1,233 posts

So you can use a very large image (like some of those joomla sites) as a background?
User 122279 Photo


Senior Advisor
12,534 posts
Online Now

You can set a background colour in RLM. But if you want a background image, you need to edit the css after having exported your project.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway
My new honey site, built with RFF: http://www.eikweb.com/horgenhonning/
Component sharing for RFF, RBB, RSD and SD: http://www.eikweb.com/sharing/


User 434929 Photo


Ambassador
937 posts

Bryon Tipping wrote:
So you can use a very large image (like some of those joomla sites) as a background?


Please view this demo see if it helps you.

Demo starts from making background pattern and ends with adding to our CSS document.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taQm0lEzVI
Guys at coffeecup are awesometacular.
User 458539 Photo


Registered User
1,233 posts

Thanks - great video

Byron
User 2484360 Photo


Registered User
3,293 posts

Mansour ... wrote:
Bryon Tipping wrote:
So you can use a very large image (like some of those joomla sites) as a background?


Please view this demo see if it helps you.

Demo starts from making background pattern and ends with adding to our CSS document.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taQm0lEzVI

Good job Mansour. :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.