Background image. - Post ID 234610

User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Ok I assume you want to add an image to the background of the row where your content is and not the header. In this case you should be able to use this in your custom.css

.row.pagerow {
background-image: url(../img/b-icon-rightcolumnborder.png);
background-repeat:repeat-x repeat-y;

}

Assuming that your background image is in your img folder. Please note you do not need to repeat all the css when modifying the css in the main.css. Also make sure the call for your custom.css is last in the header.

Hope this helps
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 173811 Photo

10 posts

Hi,
I have been trying to alter my grid background color to an image and have basically come to the conclusion that it is not possible, but when I created a simple blog page, the grid background changed. So, I am thinking, maybe there is a way after all?
Does anyone have any insight on this?
Thanks!
Elaine

http://pro-techconsultants.com/pro-vital/blog.html
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

lainsky wrote:
Hi,
I have been trying to alter my grid background color to an image and have basically come to the conclusion that it is not possible, but when I created a simple blog page, the grid background changed. So, I am thinking, maybe there is a way after all?
Does anyone have any insight on this?
Thanks!
Elaine

http://pro-techconsultants.com/pro-vital/blog.html

The posts for your original request is on this thread. :P Have you read through the replies you have received?

I believe with more information on exactly what you are trying to do would help you receive a solution if one has not already been posted.

Let us know. :)
User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

Adding Graphics to Web Pages

http://www.feizsite.com/CoffeeCup/bg/index.html

I hope this little info in my webpage helps you out.

The most common way we add Background Images and color.

.element {
background: url('../images/background-image.jpg') #2838a5;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-size: cover;
background-position: left top;
}
---------------------------------------------------
background-color
background-color: #2838a5;
background-color: hsl(232, 61%, 40%);
background-color: rgb(40, 56, 164);
background-size
background-size: cover;
background-size: contain;
background-size: auto auto;
background-position
background-position: left top;
background-position: top center;
background-position: top right;
background-position: left center;
background-position: center center;
background-position: right center;
background-position: left bottom;
background-position: center bottom;
background-position: right bottom;
Repetition
background-repeat: repeat;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-repeat: repeat-x;
background-repeat: repeat-y;
Attachment
background-attachment: fixed;
background-attachment: scroll;

Guys at coffeecup are awesometacular.
User 480052 Photo

21 posts

Here you go:
http://www.myreliantservices.org/mytestrwd/index.html

Thank you for all your help
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

lainsky wrote:

I might just abandon my idea of adding a background image for now just because I am running out of time and keep these rules in mind for the next time. I will just change the color.

Be encouraged though. The more you learn about RLMP, the more you will realize just how much can be done with it and how much time it will save you. Over time, you will probably find that you can almost everything needed with it.
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including training for Site Designer and Web Form Builder via Zoom.
Email me at support@usconsumernet.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Brian Durfee wrote:
lainsky wrote:

I might just abandon my idea of adding a background image for now just because I am running out of time and keep these rules in mind for the next time. I will just change the color.

Be encouraged though. The more you learn about RLMP, the more you will realize just how much can be done with it and how much time it will save you. Over time, you will probably find that you can almost everything needed with it.

I totally agree with you Brian! I am learning new things every day with RLMP. I am also finding that i can build 80% of my website within the program. Usually the only thing i need to do after export is add my css menus build with Menu Builder and any galleries I added. And usually the only thing in my custom.css files are the images I add to the backgrounds of rows,columns or subgrids.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 173811 Photo

10 posts

:) Yes, Adam, I read over all of the replies and I have watched Steve's awesome Youtube video a couple of times. Everyone seems to agree, you can add a background image to a row or column but not to a grid. So if someone wants to get the illusion of a nice "grid" with an image background, full span rows should be created and then after the RLMP is exported, add the image url. Columns would go over top in the RLMP for the Header, body and footer etc. Maybe I am completely off here though?

But, when I added the blog code to my blog page a lovely textured background appeared which made me think, there might be a way after all!!

I think Brian's suggestion is good -- just keep trying and get to know the software.

Thanks all!
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

lainsky wrote:
:) Yes, Adam, I read over all of the replies and I have watched Steve's awesome Youtube video a couple of times. Everyone seems to agree, you can add a background image to a row or column but not to a grid. So if someone wants to get the illusion of a nice "grid" with an image background, full span rows should be created and then after the RLMP is exported, add the image url. Columns would go over top in the RLMP for the Header, body and footer etc. Maybe I am completely off here though?

But, when I added the blog code to my blog page a lovely textured background appeared which made me think, there might be a way after all!!

I think Brian's suggestion is good -- just keep trying and get to know the software.

Thanks all!

The grid is an HTML Element just like a column or row. You can make any additions, changes, etc. You simply need to do them after export, because RLM does not support the addition of images to the grid, row, or column within the software itself. That is all completed after export. :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.