RED Webinar Discussion - Post ID 268920

User 399746 Photo

Sales & Support Manager
416 posts

Inger wrote:
I'm quoting from a mail I just sent to Scott:
It takes some skills to speak to an audience that can't see you (not read your lips, not see your body language). And also to speak so that people with English as a foreign language can follow, i.e. not too fast, no broad accent, and no mumbling, but with an even volume. That is what they need to practise. The actual video was ok. Some parts were also a bit too fast, but on the whole, I have nothing to say against the video.

The fact that I had a very bad sound is probably my own fault, or the fault of my equipment (I'm not at home, and I had to use my laptop). Also, that the picture appeared bit by bit might be due to my connection and the fact that I'm half a world away from you. I can't remember if any of the other participants mentioned the picture, but there certainly were enough complaints about the sound.

I'm one of the ones with English as a foreign language, I'm also elderly, and I have a hearing problem. As I said above, I had a very bad sound (which I don't blame you for), but what I did hear, was that it was spoken far too fast, and you seemed to move away from the microphone in between.

Hey Inger,
Partway through the recording, we switch to a hand held phone which may be clearer for you to hear. This was our very first webinar. So next time we'll use the hand held. :)
Learn the essentials with these tips on Site Designer. You'll be making epic, code-free responsive sites like a boss.
User 2800147 Photo

66 posts

Thanks Bob and Suzanne for the webinar demonstration. I could follow along and picked up some tips.

Yesterday I practiced on RED V2, but could not get the Gmail part to work like Bob did right at the end of the demo. Gmail sent me a notice of suspicious login attempt.

My main question is:

How do I, once the html is generated and I have logged into my Gmail account, paste the html code into a new email?

I look forward to the next webinar.

Regards,
Anne
jewelry-tutorials.com
drill-straight-tools.com
custom-made-jewelry.com
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hans & Anne wrote:
Thanks Bob and Suzanne for the webinar demonstration. I could follow along and picked up some tips.

Yesterday I practiced on RED V2, but could not get the Gmail part to work like Bob did right at the end of the demo. Gmail sent me a notice of suspicious login attempt.

My main question is:

How do I, once the html is generated and I have logged into my Gmail account, paste the html code into a new email?

I look forward to the next webinar.

Regards,
Anne

For Gmail, what you need to do is go to https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps and set that to ON.

Once you export your email, you will get an HTML file. That HTML file is your email. You then have to use a system that allows you to send HTML (responsive) based emails. Typically email clients cannot handle that directly because they tend to strip out all the in-line styles which will break your email. Instead, you need to use an email sending provider ( ESP) like MailChimp, Mandril or Constant Contact to name a few. MailChimp is handy because they offer free accounts with reasonable sending limits.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 251889 Photo

3 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
The link to the video will be posted here when it is ready.

Thanks for the reply.

I should have thanked Bob and Suzanne for doing the webinar - Thank You! Looking forward to future ones.
User 1839372 Photo

6 posts

Thanks so much for your time and effort today, Bob and Suzanne! It was wonderful and helpful to hear and see pros going through the program, and I particularly LOVED the idea of copying a non-responsive, image-based email as a great example of ways to practice our RED skills!

I am really excited about future webinars, and I know they will only grow in impact. Thanks again!!
User 2800147 Photo

66 posts

Hi Scott,

Thank you. I get it now.
RED V2 has some great features.

Oh yes, one more thing. I always publish the newsletter on the website (RSD built), so it can be viewed online before I send the newsletter to the mailing list. Can I copy the html code of that page and then use it in RED or vice versa? It would be great if I only have create the newsletter once.

Regards,
Anne
jewelry-tutorials.com
drill-straight-tools.com
custom-made-jewelry.com
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hans & Anne wrote:

Oh yes, one more thing. I always publish the newsletter on the website (RSD built), so it can be viewed online before I send the newsletter to the mailing list. Can I copy the html code of that page and then use it in RED or vice versa? It would be great if I only have create the newsletter once.
Regards,
Anne

That you cannot do because the email is an entire webpage. If you pasted that into RSD it would be a website within a website. You would instead just FTP that file to your server.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

That is a helpful piece of knowledge! A nifty trick. :)
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2800147 Photo

66 posts

Yeah, definitely will do that next time. Thanks Scott.
jewelry-tutorials.com
drill-straight-tools.com
custom-made-jewelry.com
User 2825325 Photo

2 posts

We plan to do a whole bunch of these demos. I'll schedule the next one to focus mostly on the responsifying.

Thanks Suzanne!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.