Problem with forwarding. Not a...

User 91713 Photo

83 posts

I made a responsive email in red and exported the code to Mailchimp. The test emails are looking good. Even in Outlook 2007. However when I want to forward the mail with Outlook 2007 the layout is heavenly damaged.

This is important to me because the mail serves in a communityproject in which retailers are involved as go between with their customers. As it is not likely that they give us their adresses for Mailchimp I have to ask them to forward the mail.
But when Outlook is involved I am at risk to get a very bad result, which is no good for the exposure of the project.

Did you encouter this problem also? And if so, do you have knowledge of a solution?
The perfection isn't reached in one pass.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts
Online Now

Hi Hans,

There is no solution for that issue. When you forward from outlook (or any mail app) it will mess up all the mark-up, thats just the way mail clients work when your dealing with advanced css3 mark-up. The only way your going to be able to do this is if you have their email address. The only other thing you can do is ask your client to purchase RED and then send them the RED file so they can send it themselves.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

That is because when you do a forward, many of the styles are lost during that process. I would recommend that you use either RED to send that person a copy of the message or use your email client and send it directly.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 91713 Photo

83 posts

Thanks guys. I understand.
The perfection isn't reached in one pass.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.