Every Time I Try To Add A Second...

User 2521658 Photo

1 post

Hello,

Can anyone here on the forum help with giving their process of how to add second slide in RCS effectively without losing information such as photos and the ability to navigate back to slide-1 from the slide just created?

I've already opened a ticket over a week ago but no answers or responses so it would be a breath of fresh air if someone from the forum could please help me out here. Thanks in advance for any assistance.:)
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Hooray someone else experiencing that.
I asked a similar question months and months ago, and never go an answer. I have never been able to add a second slide in a simple way (i.e add slide from the slides navigator choice ), I always have to duplicate slides, then start messing about with classes and id name changes. It's a definate problem one which has almost taken me to the point of giving up with RCS

Good luck and if you do ever get it solved please let me know how you did it
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 244626 Photo

811 posts

I struggled with this also as I am still learning this program. My take is that until slide one has a id assigned its not possible. Simply previewing the empty slide assigns a id and then one is able to start adding new slides and assign unique ids. ???
/
Bootstrap 5 CSS Grid.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Twinstream wrote:
I struggled with this also as I am still learning this program. My take is that until slide one has a id assigned its not possible. Simply previewing the empty slide assigns a id and then one is able to start adding new slides and assign unique ids. ???
/

well that doesnt work for me as soon as you make second slide add background image to it and assign id it also assigns that second id to the first slide adnd the same images to both slides, so if i then re-assign an id to first slide the second slide takes on the first slide id and image and so on and so on
. the only way i can do it is to save and close the project after making the first slide then re-open it and then duplicate the first slide, which then needs the id altering long winded way of doing it, so now i dont bother anymore with rcs.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

I find it easiest to operate mainly from the Inspector panel when starting from a blank rather than from one of the themes. Otherwise I find the same difficulties as those posted above.

Taking a very simple example, I have done the following. In practice it takes but a minute or so, but is somewhat long-winded to describe.

1. I open the program and select Blank from the left panel of the Template Chooser, Desktop Down (Pixels) from the right panel, and click Choose in the bottom right corner.
2. I add the desired pictures into Project Resources (the Images button).
3. I go to the Inspector panel and ensure that Slide, the bottom item, is selected. It will be so selected for the first slide, but probably won't be when making subsequent slides, and that can cause confusion.
4. I click on the Elements button and select Picture.
5. I click on the Design button, replace Placeholder with Local Image, which bring up Project Resources from which I select the picture I want for the slide.
6. I go to the Inspector panel and ensure that the bottom item is selected. If this is not done, again I find that confusion can result
7. I click on the Slides button, and select Add Blank Slide.
8. I repeat steps 3 to 7, to set up however many slides I want, but remembering each time at step 3 to select the bottom empty Slide in the Inspector, and at step 6 to ensure that the bottom item is selected.

Clicking on the 'Preview on ...' shows that all is working OK, and I save and export.

Frank
User 244626 Photo

811 posts

I think where I see an issue (could be the bell curve - ha) is that I was inclined to think the dropdown slide menu in design above element which seems to be related to playing individual slide animtions ??? was causing me to think my changes were not taking effect when creating a new slide. This is because of the fact it does not change to the new element settings for the next slide chosen. If I select in the Inspector the next slide and then go to design the change is indeed there with the correct id and class I assigned.
Not sure why the dropdown menu does not change but in the examples given in the template it has "no problem" changing to the next slide when chosen and shows the correct information.
Bootstrap 5 CSS Grid.
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

My experience is as follows.

1. I go through the routine I listed
2. I save, export, and close the program.
3. When I re-open the RCS file, everything works just as they do in the template examples.

Frank
User 244626 Photo

811 posts

Thanks Frank ! That does indeed now link the slide dropdown choice above the element header in the design section. It was frustrating not to have that working as it is more handy than having to go to the inspector to choose the slide you want to edit. I did a simple test and found that just after adding the second slide I can just save, close and reopen the program and both slides are linked and any other slides I add after that are linked also. I will just have to remember that simple step.
Thanks again.....
Bootstrap 5 CSS Grid.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.