Sneak Peek at the New CoffeeCup HTML...

User 111588 Photo

2 posts

That does not ameliorate the annoyance. I did not contact CoffeeCup for the prerelease version. They sent me an email encouraging me to download the software and to uninstall the previous version. Had they told me that I would have nag screens (for one day or week or any length of time) I would not have gone to the trouble of doing all this. I assumed that CoffeeCup had more concern for me, as a customer of many years, than to put me through the annoyances and problems that nagware causes. I have a very automated computer system, that the nagware screens stop. I must either uninstall the new version or go through the somewhat time consuming process of updating automated routines that work very well with no nagware screens popping up.

CoffeeCup should not impose such things, such extra burdens, on its customers.
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

http://emoticons4u.com/sad/014.gif
uninstall the new and reinstall the old version c'mon!

User 184085 Photo

Ambassador
1,707 posts

I'm an hearkening to the time when I had a computer with DOS 2.01 on it, and then we had to pay for DOS 2.11, the upgrade, or the time I purchased 4 computers for work with Windows ME and they all blue screened of death right out of the box. Ir the time I installed DivX that came with it's own trojan built in.

I've become quite Zen about (aboot in Canadian) software and as long as it is more stable than me, a temporary yellow banner is OK

DESIDERATA
Go placidly amid the noise and the haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender,
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even to the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons;
they are vexatious to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain or bitter,
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs,
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals,
and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love,
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment,
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be.
And whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life,
keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.
Volunteering to help :)
http://www.tbaygeek.ca
My HTML play area
http://www.tbaygeek.ca/test/
User 345577 Photo

373 posts

I appreciate the free updates and can deal with a temporary annoyance, too.

What makes me apoplectic are needlessly long, tiring signatures... :P
User 148353 Photo

Ambassador
808 posts

Where? I haven't seen any of those on these forums.
"Time heals everything. Know who said that? My Latin teacher at barber college!"
- Floyd Lawson

Widoktadwat - "Plays Well With Others"

User 484404 Photo

5 posts

Exercising the prerelease I notice when I insert a picture as a thumbnail it does not use the pixel size I specify. Seems to revert to the original built-in default. Also, how about when I specify a new pixel size for a thumbnail you continue to use it until I specify another size. At least for the duration of the current execution of coffeecup.
Sage old phart
User 476017 Photo

Ambassador
375 posts

Hi Scott
Just been test driving the CSS menu builder. A couple of suggestions for future mprovements.
If you have to break off midway through designing your menu and save it The code is automaticaly added to your webpage. It would be nice to have an option to just save with no update so you can return and complete your menu design at a later date.
When you curently save your menu for a second and subsequent time it adds the code to your webpage again and you can end up with several copies of the menu on the webpage. Is it possible to save/replace rather than save/add.
It would nice to store your own default menu properties eg backgroud colour/font/border etc.
regards
Dave
Dave Butler
Yorkshire
England

Old Rishworthians Rugby Union Football club http://www.orrufc.co.uk
Tuxedo Junction Yorkshire Function Band http://www.riley-tuxedojunction.co.uk
The Commons Guest House http://www.thecommons-guesthouse.co.uk
all created with Coffee Cup html editor
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Dave Butler wrote:
Hi Scott
Just been test driving the CSS menu builder. A couple of suggestions for future mprovements.
If you have to break off midway through designing your menu and save it The code is automaticaly added to your webpage. It would be nice to have an option to just save with no update so you can return and complete your menu design at a later date.
When you curently save your menu for a second and subsequent time it adds the code to your webpage again and you can end up with several copies of the menu on the webpage. Is it possible to save/replace rather than save/add.
It would nice to store your own default menu properties eg backgroud colour/font/border etc.
regards
Dave

Dave, that is actually a very good comment. I never really noticed it that way as I was always inserting it into a document. I will see if we can tweak that process to allow what you are looking for.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1950054 Photo

1 post

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Jocelyn Garner wrote:
Let's cut to the chase...what's the upgrade price??

The upgrade price is going to be pretty expensive. It will cost you around $0.00 ;)

I'm new here and I like what I have seen and tried so far.....so much to learn..

But that there sir, is funny :lol::lol::lol:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.