These programs have taken a huge amount of resources to create, develop and maintain. Menu Builder alone was over a year in the making! Our traditional (too) low price point just cannot be done with programs of this magnitude. Some of our responsive programs that are close to being released will have a price point of $100 or higher. Menu Builder is $69 and Layout Maker will probably start out at over $139, you are already at $208 right there.There are a few things you need to also take into account:
1. Upgrades are free within 30 days of purchase and for minor updates (usually the same version number like 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 etc.). There might be charges for major upgrades (usually version bumps like 2.0, 3.0, 4.0). So $69 for version 1.0, $69 for version 2.0, $69 for version 3.0 and so on. We will offer some discounts for registered users, and upgrading is not mandatory but with the responsive program, upgrades are free.
2. With the responsive program you get ALL of our responsive programs. Right now it only contains Menu Builder, but soon it with all our Layout Maker and Web Designer. As we create more responsive programs, those are added to the program.
3. You also get Windows and OS X versions. That is 2 for the price of 1.
4. All of our themes are free with the responsive program. That is a huge savings!
5. After 30 days, downloads are no longer available in the customer care center. In the responsive program, you will always have them.
6. Free web space, hosting and form processing (S-Drive) is part of the program. You get it all.
7. You can also join and cancel at any time. Pre-pay for the first 3 months and if you want out, you can still cancel and keep
the software. In the case of Adobe, the moment you cancel you will not able to continue to use the software for example.
For those who do not want to join the program, we do also offer it as à la carte. And as in a restaurant going à la carte is more expensive. When doing the math, take into account the cost for each new product, version, theme or resource we release and compare that to the monthly charge. We can not offer any credits on past purchases, so if you pay $69 now and want to get into the program, you end up paying the full price later.