Suggestions for LockBox - Post ID 261515

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

We want your ideas, suggestions, and comments about CoffeeCup LockBox . So tell us: How can we make the software even better? Remember, our products are here for you guys, so we want to make them the very best we can :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

I find that the buttons I use far more frequently than any of the others are
(a) the URL link button,
(b) the Username button, and
(c) the Password button,
and in that order.

I would therefore much like those buttons to be considerably larger than the others, and at the beginning of the row.

Since I use the program primarily when a browser windows is largely filling my screen, and the Lockbox window is largely covered, I would like those buttons at the bottom or left (ideally at the bottom left) of the Lockbox window unless the next idea in the next paragraph can be an option.

The best option for those buttons would, I think, be the ability for them (but not the rest of the Lockbox window) to float on top of the screen at the position of one's choice.

Frank
User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

Drop down so that you can select previous usernames for new account.

Keith
User 123315 Photo

Ambassador
1 post

I just upgraded to the new 6.0 lockbox and I'd like to see the new version minimize to the tray as in previous versions.
User 2336860 Photo

252 posts

Joe Sager wrote:
I just upgraded to the new 6.0 lockbox and I'd like to see the new version minimize to the tray as in previous versions.

Yes, please add in all the System Tray options that were in LockBox 5.0. Really missing those options badly.

Also add back the ability to set a time before the clipboard is emptied as in LockBox 5.0

Is there a reason as to why we can only generate passwords with numbers (max of 4?) and special characters (only 1?) at the end and not mixed in?

User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

ChefScott wrote:

Is there a reason as to why we can only generate passwords with numbers (max of 4?) and special characters (only 1?) at the end and not mixed in?

Good question. I would prefer totally random.

Keith
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Both those items (except for minimize to tray) will be included in one of our next releases. The way they work know is how LockBox has always worked. We will be redesigning both password generation dialogs to give it more options.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2336860 Photo

252 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Both those items (except for minimize to tray) will be included in one of our next releases.

Why no minimize to tray? That was the best feature of LockBox. As it is now, I end up having to start the program all the time. Looks like I may just stick with LockBox 5.0 if that feature is not coming back.

Scott Swedorski wrote:
The way they work know is how LockBox has always worked. We will be redesigning both password generation dialogs to give it more options.

I know that is how LockBox has always worked. I just finally decided to ask as to why it was that way.:D

User 2463877 Photo

6 posts

I just installed 6.0.
1. I don't care for the new display. The one I'm accustomed to from 3, 4, 5 seems easier for visual scanning than this new one. Is it possible to revert 6.0 to the older page display?

2. Because I will be running LockBox on several machines, I would like a way to easily transfer new entries into one version to the other version. I know I can choose one at a time and make a csv, which can then be brought in by the other version. Is there an easier way to have LockBox do this for me?

Pops
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Robert Carter wrote:
I just installed 6.0.
2. Because I will be running LockBox on several machines, I would like a way to easily transfer new entries into one version to the other version. I know I can choose one at a time and make a csv, which can then be brought in by the other version. Is there an easier way to have LockBox do this for me?
Pops

Just copy the CLB file to each computer. That is your LockBox database that has all your accounts.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.