Video! - Post ID 225374

User 603315 Photo

938 posts

I did a basic video of Image Mapper http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeFv2HPl … tube_gdata I know Image Mapper isn't the future, but I still love the program.:cool:
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Good video G'kar! Hopefully one of the mods will get that uploaded to the CoffeeCup Youtube page so other users can find it easier.

On another note I hear a good beer helps the throat! :D
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Thanks G'Kar,

Gave me a reason to log into the CC Youtube channel to add it to their list. Been a while since I've been in there, slacker I know hahaha. :)
User 603315 Photo

938 posts

Gunsmoke wrote:
Good video G'kar! Hopefully one of the mods will get that uploaded to the CoffeeCup Youtube page so other users can find it easier.

On another note I hear a good beer helps the throat! :D

Ha ha I've had throat problems off and on for about 3 mths at one point I literally couldn't talk, my wife said oh finally you actually shut up :lol: My Dr says it's a viral infection of something something gland, which is a fancy way of saying your glands are swollen :cool: It's funny with videos, because you think you know a program, but when you do them you actually learn something yourself. Yeah CoffeeCup can put up on their channel if they think it's OK. Both me and wife always think videos are better by Americans and Australians because us English are rubbish at expressing ourselves and boring :lol: whereas you guys have the gift of being better teachers I guess.
User 603315 Photo

938 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Thanks G'Kar,

Gave me a reason to log into the CC Youtube channel to add it to their list. Been a while since I've been in there, slacker I know hahaha. :)

Oh you don't go on there much :cool: I used to like CC videos done by a lady a few years ago, I'm not sure they exist now :(
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

There's actually quite a few videos there! I did a couple a while ago for several users that were having problems. Video is a great way to show someone exactly how to do something. Even with your throat problem (hope that gets better soon!) you sound better than I do. I'm just not very good when it comes to speaking. Right out of high school I spent 12 years in the Air Force sitting under jet engines, then over 22 years driving 18 wheelers. Doc says I'm fine but I think I'm half deaf and talk like a troll. :D Talking aside however, the video gets the job done and you made a great one. I'm sure many users will find it handy. :cool:
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 603315 Photo

938 posts

Gunsmoke wrote:
There's actually quite a few videos there! I did a couple a while ago for several users that were having problems. Video is a great way to show someone exactly how to do something. Even with your throat problem (hope that gets better soon!) you sound better than I do. I'm just not very good when it comes to speaking. Right out of high school I spent 12 years in the Air Force sitting under jet engines, then over 22 years driving 18 wheelers. Doc says I'm fine but I think I'm half deaf and talk like a troll. :D Talking aside however, the video gets the job done and you made a great one. I'm sure many users will find it handy. :cool:

Don't knock yourself down too much. As people we can become overly concerned with people being critical, but then often those one's don't do anything themselves.
I absolutely agree, I think videos can give you something that no other media can. It's great to have people explain things, but when you have visualization it gives that extra oomph! Think people who are interested in Web Design/Development whatever you want to call it can learn easier that way. I think we've all come across problems with even one line of code or something we are missing and it goes haywire, but when we have something to look at it can help solve those issues.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

G'kar wrote:
I did a basic video of Image Mapper http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeFv2HPl … tube_gdata I know Image Mapper isn't the future, but I still love the program.:cool:

Hey G'kar great video! What software do you use to do the video with?
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

No worries it sounds good to me, do you have a link to the other one you did this past week for someone else? I don't recall what it was for, but I opened it to see it and hear some of it, but I was on my way to work so couldn't do anything with it and now I lost it. If you have that one I can link to that one too there.

@Gunsmoke: If you have links to the ones you did I can add them also (if they aren't already that is lol as I don't remember which ones I added and which I haven't anymore it's been so long.) I do need to get that more up to date again though as we move more into the responsive age I'm sure there will be lots of new videos (hint hint all you users out there! hahaha).
User 603315 Photo

938 posts

Steve wrote:
G'kar wrote:

Hey G'kar great video! What software do you use to do the video with?

I use Ashampoo Snap 6 to do the videos and all screen grabs. There's an updated version out Snap 7. It's cheap but I think good software, I'd be lost without a screen grabber

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.