What is ccID? - Post ID 299805

User 2236928 Photo

15 posts

I'm working with a web page that displays values from my weather station.
Using the HTML Editor, I noticed ccID= then number added to all the web tags.

ie:
<#temp ccID="837"> <#tempunit ccID="850">

I'm just curious what they are for since searching these forums and google turned up nothing.

Randy
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,186 posts
Online Now

Your seeing those in the source code after preview in the editor correct. Thats for the html editor to render your page in the preview.
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 2857267 Photo

1 post

How can I remove the ccID tag in preview?
User 63158 Photo

5 posts

Hi there, seems this question is still unanswered. Today I´ve installed the Editor on my new Win 10 notebook.
It served me well many years on Win 7 and 8 but now also I see these ccID in the internal preview (F11 and F12 keys). Same old html-page on an external browser is ok. What can be done? Many greetings, Martin
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

Martin Eickhoff wrote:
Hi there, seems this question is still unanswered. Today I´ve installed the Editor on my new Win 10 notebook.
It served me well many years on Win 7 and 8 but now also I see these ccID in the internal preview (F11 and F12 keys). Same old html-page on an external browser is ok. What can be done? Many greetings, Martin

An easy work-around could be to save the html file and open it in a browser. Keep the browser open. Make changes in html editor. Whenever you need to preview the page, save it then refresh the browser to see the changes.

Other than that, you may want to open a support request in your account support room. Here in the forums, it’s users. A support request in your account will be answered by CC staff.
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including personal or group training for Site Designer, Web Form Builder and more via Zoom.
Email me at support@uscni.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

The matter is intriguing, and the absence of an answer can, of course, lead to increased interest and curiosity. I suspect, however, that the ccIDs are of relevance only to the programmers. Perhaps when someone reports a problem it will help the programmers resolve it if the ccID of the relevant tag is reported to them.

As far as I can tell the ccIDs do not appear in the source code of the saved files of the pages created using The HTML Editor, and one sees these tags only if one looks at the source code of the preview window.

One looks at the preview window to check the outcome of the code one has written oneself. Since one knows what that code is, it's not clear to me why one would look at the source code of the preview window in normal circumstances or have any reason to wish that those ccIDs did not appear in it.

If the last sentence in the first paragraph above is correct, there is good reason to be glad that these normally unseen items are there.

Frank
User 63158 Photo

5 posts

Thanks for your hints. I will open a support request and see if CC people can restore the preview.
Of course working with an external browser is possible, but one big advantage of the editor would be gone.
Martin
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

Here is the explanation, right from Mike, the developer:

"The ccID's are used for the code following feature (Preferences, General
Tab), where when you click on an element in the browser preview, it will
navigate to that code tag in the document edit area and vice versa.

The ccId's should only appear in the temp files used for previewing, and
not in saved files."
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

Thanks Inger for solving the mystery.

According to my test, the way to get rid of them is to ensure that neither of the following two items are ticked in Preferences > General > Code Following :
(a) Clicking tags in code selects elements in Preview;
(b) Clicking element in Preview selects its code.
I think that most people would want those items ticked.

1. The only way I can get to see those ccIDs using F11 seems as follows:
in the screen that appears on pressing F11 to click on the 'Test in Browser' button, and
in the browser screen that appears, to choose to view the source code.
2. The only way I can get to see those ccIDs using F12 seems to be to right click in the preview area and select 'View source' from the drop-down list that appears.

I find it difficult to see when the procedures in items 1 and 2 above would be necessary.

Frank
User 63158 Photo

5 posts

Hi everybody.
I guess I could narrow down my ccID problem.
Whenever I use non-English characters in my German text (simple ä, ü, ö)
the preview display gets corrupted. As long as write this characters as &uuml; CoffeCup preview behaves normal. But for a longer text this kind of manual coding is quite tiring and somehow had not been necessary on my Win 7 system.

Is there a coding table somewhere that could be modified? Or I better rewrite all my fancy web projects made with CoffeCup? I guess external browsers are fine because they switch to utf-8 coding.
Martin

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.