Website wont display properly on iPad...

User 79844 Photo

1 post

Hi,
I have built my latest site for our fishing club using the editor version 808 and on my laptop it displays correctly as I intended it to however when viewed on a phone or tablet the text overlaps other text and jpg's are all over the place. I have tried several 'suggestions' from supposedly 'expert' sites but nothing seems to work.
Has anyone else had this problem and if so whats the cure ?
:(
A very frustrated Old Codger.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

We cannot suggest any cures without actually seeing the problem. Please post a link to your site.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 188640 Photo

895 posts

The 'cure' is using Site Designer. I just can't wrap my brain around trying to build a mobile website with the HTML Editor. That's just my opinion and I've been building websites since 1997.

I can't imagine the time it would take coding all the break points and getting the correct without seeing it in real time.
A Rose is Just a Weed in a Corn Patch!
User 2614236 Photo

141 posts

Welcome to the world of media queries. I would agree site designer is best option. set you screen size and design accordingly.
Tony
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

While I agree with using Site Designer as a very helpful tool, I still maintain it's possible to use the HTML Editor to create a responsive website. It takes some coding knowledge, though.

I wanted to see the site in question in order to be able to give advice tailored to the actual problem, and to avoid having to write a complete tutorial covering all aspects of going from static to responsive website building.

Without seeing the code, only half-qualified guessing at the problem is possible.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2993213 Photo

1 post

flexbox & media queries
User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

The simple way to use the editor to get a responsive site is to use Bootstrap.

Yes we need to see the site and we also need to know what you used to construct it. Did you actually hand write the code?

The answer to the question may be start again.

Keith
User 303390 Photo

97 posts

Site Designer is a good choice
flexbox & media queries is also good but you must sit down and learn more coding
Various Frameworks (most are now using flexbox and media queries) and most have stopped using jquery

I have used numerous frameworks and came across one that most should have a look at:

https://metroui.org.ua/

It has all the features of the main frameworks but I find it a lot easier to code.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.