Suggestions for CoffeeCup HTML Editor...

User 2813244 Photo

1 post

Since switching to CCHE I have been missing a feature from my last editor. I very often need to delete a line of code and in the previous editor a Control Y would accomplish that by deleting the line of code in focus.

Please add this feature or even better yet, add the ability for user created hot keys.
User 469268 Photo

80 posts

Bill Shryock wrote:
Since switching to CCHE I have been missing a feature from my last editor. I very often need to delete a line of code and in the previous editor a Control Y would accomplish that by deleting the line of code in focus.

Please add this feature or even better yet, add the ability for user created hot keys.

If you have the code highlighted, you can hit Control X and it will remove the code...
User 128622 Photo

8 posts

Greetings - I would like to use the "keep on top" function in order to not be forced to click on the toolbar icon to get back into the editor after previewing the page I'm working on. Is that function available?

Thanks
Ron
--
"In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher."
- Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama
User 458154 Photo

34 posts

Hello Scott, I like the HTML Editor, actually purchased it many years ago..

I would like to see a user feature added that will actually give the Preview more flexibility that would allow tab type viewing within the program. I notice the F12 Split preview only allow horizontal viewing at the bottom while working on the code. Would it be possible in the near future to add Split viewing for Vertical as well? This would be very helpful for programmers that may be more accustom to sided by side programming which I also prefer in many situations.

Thanks for Reading
AJ (Hotwire)
In A World of Dreams (( ))
User 469268 Photo

80 posts

Just upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, first time I went to pull up a page to edit, it came up with the following error C:\users\public\documents\coffee cup software\html editor\markup\html 4.01 error>does not exist, then tried to open the doc again and did not get the error and the doc opened. Also on the left tabs the Code button showed no codes at all. Reinstalled the software and all of the problems went away. Just a heads up! Will post again if I hit other issues
User 2618838 Photo

4 posts

Save & Upload current file
It would be a time saver to have a Save & Upload button next to the Save button, and have F4 perform save and upload (of the current file). Presently, one must first save and then locate the file in the My Websites Local Disk tab, select it and hit F4.
A Save & Upload All button (similar to the Save All button), saving and uploading all open files, would also be nice -- with a keyboard shortcut like Ctrl+F4.

(By the way: why isn't F4 listed in http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/html-editor-keyboard-shortcuts/?)
User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

I get caught by this save then press F4. Then find another file uploads.

Keith
User 515127 Photo

116 posts

Some editors the allow opening and collapsing sections of a html coded page based on the tags - I wish the HTML editor offered that feature, it can be quite helpful, particularly on large pages.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

+1000! :)
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 469268 Photo

80 posts

gllincoln wrote:
Some editors the allow opening and collapsing sections of a html coded page based on the tags - I wish the HTML editor offered that feature, it can be quite helpful, particularly on large pages.

Sounds like a good idea, in place of that I use <A NAME="MapNotes"></A> these tags in my code with large pages, I can jump(find) quickly to a code block or around it, but also if the design called for large tables the end user can also quickly jump around them.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.