Suggestions for CoffeeCup HTML Editor...

User 235071 Photo

110 posts

Do all the browsers support all the CSS3 features?
User 131545 Photo

687 posts

Russell Wilson,

Do you have tested the css features css grid layout and the flexbox layout?
Can you post here an examples about css grid layout and flexbox layout demo
Thanks
Stephane
Toekomstgerichte door ICT gebeten IT'er
Stephane Fonteyne
Ba. Elektronica - ICT
Application Software PowerBasic Developer
e-mail : stephane.fonteyne@telenet.be
gmail : stephane760126@gmail.com
linkin : in : <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/stephane-fonteyn/53/402/204>
twitter : @Stefke36
User 469268 Photo

80 posts

Russell Wilson wrote:
Do all the browsers support all the CSS3 features?

If you are talking about the Grid, here is a table: The numbers in the table specify the first browser version that fully supports the property.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H1kALgFLRcYTbNWbc0gpOU80NImUbPL_/view?usp=sharing
I am running Firefox 59 (beta channel)
Attachments:
User 2896679 Photo

7 posts

Inger wrote:
When clicking on a start tag, let is highlight the corresponding end tag. Or even if you are working somewhere within say <table></table> those tags should be highlighted.

This feature is the reason I have to open files in Notepad++. After CCHE harvests a website from the web, this feature in Notepad++ helps me format the file so a coder can read it. Then when I open the file in CCHE I REALLY want the same feature! It would make editing code a whole new (easier) experience. I consider this urgent; without this feature I might stop using CCHE.
PS: I take note that the autocomplete feature (including properties drop-down lists) works very well for tags in CCHE. It would be nice to have autocompletion for " and ' characters the way it is in Notepad++.
User 469268 Photo

80 posts

Kent V. Busse wrote:
Inger wrote:
When clicking on a start tag, let is highlight the corresponding end tag. Or even if you are working somewhere within say <table></table> those tags should be highlighted.

This feature is the reason I have to open files in Notepad++. After CCHE harvests a website from the web, this feature in Notepad++ helps me format the file so a coder can read it. Then when I open the file in CCHE I REALLY want the same feature! It would make editing code a whole new (easier) experience. I consider this urgent; without this feature I might stop using CCHE.
PS: I take note that the autocomplete feature (including properties drop-down lists) works very well for tags in CCHE. It would be nice to have autocompletion for " and ' characters the way it is in Notepad++.

Would be nice, I make use of comments, both HTML and CSS, one at the start of a key table/div and one at the end, that way I can use the keyword at the start to jump to the end. Make heavy use of Snippets and ability to add to the list.
User 2511273 Photo

3 posts

How about a way to change the search file types to include php files? having to add ' ;*.php ' each time I search is getting to be a real pain
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,444 posts

+1
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 469268 Photo

80 posts

Donald Bunn Jr wrote:
How about a way to change the search file types to include php files? having to add ' ;*.php ' each time I search is getting to be a real pain
IN reality, you already have that capability, when you get up to open window, down at the bottom you have File Name and below that Files of Type, click on the down arrow, one of the options is Server Files and that will include PHP, I maintain a web site written in PHP. The original developer thought everything, even static HTML pages had to wrapped in PHP so I understand where you are coming from.
User 379556 Photo

1,532 posts

I think think that different parts of the HTML Editor are being considered here -
(a) the situation where one is wanting to use File > Open, regarding which Jerry correctly refers to the 'Files of type' drop-down list;
(b) the situation where one wishes to use the Edit > Find or Edit > Replace to search within a PHP file, regarding which the 'Files of type' drop-down list doesn't include PHP files, and to which I believe Donald is referring.

Frank
User 2925256 Photo

1 post

It would be good to optionally save the libraries (lbi files) in the project folder so that they are only valid for the specific project.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.