Suggestions for CoffeeCup HTML Editor...

User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

CSS-shapes-editor Please

Edit CSS Shapes values in Live Preview mode. A visual editor is stacked on top of the focused element so you can drag points and handles to change the element’s shape. This makes it very easy to see the shape changes in context

http://blogs.adobe.com/edgecode/files/2014/04/shapes-polygon.gif
Guys at coffeecup are awesometacular.
User 2036243 Photo

36 posts

I'm coming back to a comment I made before over the tool "search for undocumented characters".

It's better than it was, but still not perfect.
I haven't checked whether every single one works (there's a limit to how anally retentive one can be) but these ones definitely don't and they aren't particularly out of the way, especially the first, which is in fact used by about two hundred million people as their currency symbol. The œ is in common use in many countries and the trademark is used world wide.

The euro symbol € is not correctly identified and replaced by €
The oe ligature œ is "" "" and replaced by œ
and the Trademark symbol ™ isn't correctly identified and replaced either.

All the Best
Ian
User 2666911 Photo

12 posts

One thing I use a lot is the create css rule in DW, once I highlight the HTML and click the icon it automatically creates a compound css rule based on my selection with the option to make less specific if needed. Just started using the Editor and haven't found a quick way to do this yet?
Attachments:
User 2675838 Photo

3 posts

ASP support and put shortcut keys to refresh pages/project as you code.
Oscar B. Hilliker
User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

There is no style sheet Linking feature in HTML editor to be able add custom.css document by new users, for linking a custom css many newbies don't know even how to link to custom css document .

So in insert menu of HTML Editor add a feature that newbies easy can link to their custom style sheet .
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/custom .css">

Guys at coffeecup are awesometacular.
User 131545 Photo

687 posts

JavaScript support,all the properties, methods, objects syntax highlighting will be very fine.
Toekomstgerichte door ICT gebeten IT'er
Stephane Fonteyne
Ba. Elektronica - ICT
Application Software PowerBasic Developer
e-mail : stephane.fonteyne@telenet.be
gmail : stephane760126@gmail.com
linkin : in : <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/stephane-fonteyn/53/402/204>
twitter : @Stefke36
User 2149815 Photo

4 posts

Can Coffee Cup HTML Editor warn you before it runs out of memory?

I have had several times in the past week where it has simply said "Out of Memory" and locked up. This is a particularly unfriendly move by to make when it could check available memory every few minutes and warn you if you're getting near the edge of the available memory. The file wasn't huge (5500 lines or so), which is large by web site standards, but since it is going to be an e-book, not that big...

Thanks!
Stu
User 469268 Photo

80 posts

Stu wrote:

Thanks!
Stu

Is a good idea on any system but, truly depends on how many other apps you have running and what your base memory is. I run Windows 7 Pro on my laptop since I run it as a website for test purposes with 4 GB of memory. Having my Microsoft Server Certification for years, every new release of Windows sucks up more memory so upgrading your laptop to add more memory might be a good idea. The "security updates" can also suck up more memory at any time by the way. Microsoft is already talking about Windows 9 coming out next year, yea Windows 8 sucks and also has some security issues that MS seems unwilling or unable to fix, so MS will fix it by coming out with 9 next year. Never buy a laptop with less than 4GB of memory...
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

Stu wrote:
[....]This is a particularly unfriendly move by to make when it could check available memory every few minutes and warn you if you're getting near the edge of the available memory. [....]

This is relly a task for system utilities - not for the application.
Use the Windows Task Manager (Performance tab) to monitor memory usage in real time (sample screenshot attached). If you are close to capacity, close other programs, including programs 'running in the background' and various useless routines that may be loaded at boot-up...
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

...and here is the screenshot...
Attachments:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.