Suggestions for CoffeeCup HTML Editor...

User 469268 Photo


Registered User
64 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Morten Lindstrom wrote:
There are a few things I would like to see in next update of the HTML Editor:

1) When using a mouse with a wheel in Windows, scrolling the wheel scolls the page.
But - when a 1:1 scrolling it takes forever to scroll up and down.

Therefore the mouse-driver have a setup to change the "vertical scrolling speed", a setting most windows apps uses.

A 1:4 ratio f.ex makes the screen "jump" (not slow scrolling) 4 lines for each tiny movement of the mouse-wheel...

PLEASE implement this...


2) Font size in edit window. Sometimes it makes sense to see more text inside the edit frame, or less (so I can work without my glasses :P),



3) I sometimes edit several files, with the same name, from different folders,... and it is not always easy to keep track of which file is what...

A feature of changing colors on the Tabs for open files would be great... not storing it anywhere.. just a simple way to keep track of things..

It could be implemented on right-click on a Tab, popping up a list of 5-10 colors, and picking color will Set that color on the active Tab.


I'll second each of those suggestions, :)

And add me as a third for those suggestions, when you are editing pages with lots of descriptive text would really make a difference...
User 2385998 Photo


Registered User
61 posts

I would love a closing tag be automatically created if I entered an opening tag, so if I wrote <p> then I would love a </p> being inserted at the cursor.
Pam: "I wonder what my name means in Welsh"
Nessa: "Why?"
User 2073552 Photo


Senior Advisor
1,625 posts

Malcolm Smith wrote:
I would love a closing tag be automatically created if I entered an opening tag, so if I wrote <p> then I would love a </p> being inserted at the cursor.


If you use the auto complete option it already does that. :P
"An Apple doth not fall far from its tree, yet an orange does."

https://lbwebsitedesign.com - Responsive Web Design & Web Hosting Services.
http://helpsite.sirage.com - HTML5, CSS3 and CC Help Video Blog.
User 2385998 Photo


Registered User
61 posts

Thanks, that is brilliant. I failed to find that, then again, that doesn't surprise me as most of the time I can't find my backside even with it on fire and my hands tied behind my back.

Now, something else; I would love to click on a folder in the Project Tree and then have a New... option there so that I can create a file in that folder directly rather than faff about with creating a new document and then saving it in the right place.

Thanks for the Auto Complete tip. I am off to look for it now.

- Malc
Pam: "I wonder what my name means in Welsh"
Nessa: "Why?"
User 2073552 Photo


Senior Advisor
1,625 posts

When you type <p there should be a white box that pops up with <p> in it and you should only have to hit enter or select <p> with your mouse. That will output <p> </p> automatically.
"An Apple doth not fall far from its tree, yet an orange does."

https://lbwebsitedesign.com - Responsive Web Design & Web Hosting Services.
http://helpsite.sirage.com - HTML5, CSS3 and CC Help Video Blog.
User 469268 Photo


Registered User
64 posts

SirAGE wrote:
When you type <p there should be a white box that pops up with <p> in it and you should only have to hit enter or select <p> with your mouse. That will output <p> </p> automatically.

On the version I am running, 12.6 build 448, it does that, you hit <p and it pops up a white box with all of the possible P tags and when you select just the P it puts in <p> </p>
User 2073552 Photo


Senior Advisor
1,625 posts

Jerry Givan wrote:
SirAGE wrote:
When you type <p there should be a white box that pops up with <p> in it and you should only have to hit enter or select <p> with your mouse. That will output <p> </p> automatically.

On the version I am running, 12.6 build 448, it does that, you hit <p and it pops up a white box with all of the possible P tags and when you select just the P it puts in <p> </p>


Yes Jerry... I am sorry in my post I forgot to quote Malcome's post. I was telling him that is what he needs to look for. That was not a suggestion I was making. :P
"An Apple doth not fall far from its tree, yet an orange does."

https://lbwebsitedesign.com - Responsive Web Design & Web Hosting Services.
http://helpsite.sirage.com - HTML5, CSS3 and CC Help Video Blog.
User 2385998 Photo


Registered User
61 posts

Thanks, I was looking for something which did something on completion of the > on the <p> tag.

I tend to type through these things by the time that a pop-up appears I have long gone onto the next character.

It seems, though, that when I do the <p> element pairing I have to do the following:

<, p, tab, enter, right-arrow which is a right faff.
Pam: "I wonder what my name means in Welsh"
Nessa: "Why?"
User 38401 Photo


Registered User
10,951 posts

Malcolm Smith wrote:
Thanks, I was looking for something which did something on completion of the > on the <p> tag.

I tend to type through these things by the time that a pop-up appears I have long gone onto the next character.

It seems, though, that when I do the <p> element pairing I have to do the following:

<, p, tab, enter, right-arrow which is a right faff.


Yep agreed here, would be nice if the tags would put the cursor after the > of the first tag instead of before it. Or better yet, give us a choice on how we want it to be because I think some people like it being inside that tag and some don't. I'm one that doesn't and I'd probably utilize that feature more if that didn't happen

Love to see it add the tags automatically without having to choose them from the list even, such as:

Type: <p>
Press Enter
You see <p></p>
Your cursor is between the 2 tags.

That would be ideal for me :)
User 469268 Photo


Registered User
64 posts

Jo Ann wrote:


Love to see it add the tags automatically without having to choose them from the list even, such as:

Type: <p>
Press Enter
You see <p></p>
Your cursor is between the 2 tags.

That would be ideal for me :)

Would it not be just as easy to make a snippet out of the tags like <p> </p>, no typing at all then...

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.