Replacing text.... - Post ID 192062

User 528054 Photo

209 posts

Hello,

Just asking.... As I have used the search and replace feature for the first time today.

I had about 15 files 'OPEN' and used the search and replace function.

I set the feature to replace in all open documents.....

It seems to work, and the asterisks appeared in the tabs when the replacing went ahead, not all of them though....., and when I then selected 'Save All' from the file menu then closing all of the files that were open, upon reopening the the files they were still the same as before....

The changes had not been made...

Am I missing something here ?

Peter
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Peter,

I would say don't use it for now. I know that's not what you want to hear, but they are revamping it completely soon and right now I think the current one has some bugs in it that will be worked out with the update later. Hang in there though it's definitely getting worked on and Scott will be pulling his hair out with all the things we break getting it working I'm sure hahahahaha *calls SirAGE and says... hmm... bug collaboration.. yeah that's the ticket!* :P
User 528054 Photo

209 posts

No worries Jo Ann, thankyou :)

I thought that may be the case..... As, it just doesn't work!

I was able to do it normally though, ie with only a couple of files on screen
and saving after the edit.., but in this case a 'bulk' text change would have been really neat :D

All seems ok otherwise though..... Well, sort of....., am in the process of trying to find
out why the editor locks solid in the background when another program uploads to the web.

Nothins easy anymore I guess, but it keeps us awake!

Peter :D
User 2073552 Photo

1,625 posts

You better believe that it will be tested VERY, VERY well before it comes out... And a lot of the suggestions have been taken into consideration (so I hear.)

Not to say anything bad about Mike, but I am sure I can find at least one bug... And maybe 15 videos. :D:lol::lol::lol::lol:
"An Apple doth not fall far from its tree, yet an orange does."

https://lbwebsitedesign.com - Responsive Web Design & Web Hosting Services.
http://helpsite.sirage.com - HTML5, CSS3 and CC Help Video Blog.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

SirAGE wrote:
You better believe that it will be tested VERY, VERY well before it comes out... And a lot of the suggestions have been taken into consideration (so I hear.)

Not to say anything bad about Mike, but I am sure I can find at least one bug... And maybe 15 videos. :D:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mike already hates you, don't push your luck HAHAHAHAHAHAA :P
User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

Peter never tried it but a html page is basically a text file. So maybe if you open it in Word or Wordpad you may be able to do a search and replace there. Try on a copy first.
The Guy from OZ

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I would highly suggest that you stay away from Word or Wordpad and use something like Notepad, or Notepad ++ (which will do mass updates too). Opening your code type files in Word or Wordpad (or similar text editors that have built in formatting) can many times alter your code and add things to it that you don't want, are uneccessary or just mess up your code. :)
User 528054 Photo

209 posts

Hello

Thanks for the pointers, Yes I am using Notepad++ for my bulk changes now.

It seems fine and the code seems solid and is not changed............

I hope its ok to say, but the CoffeeCup 'update' thats being worked on seems to be taking a frightenly long time to materialise.

I guess its deeper than I thought.....

Peter
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Peter G wrote:
Hello

Thanks for the pointers, Yes I am using Notepad++ for my bulk changes now.

It seems fine and the code seems solid and is not changed............

I hope its ok to say, but the CoffeeCup 'update' thats being worked on seems to be taking a frightenly long time to materialise.

I guess its deeper than I thought.....

Peter

I guess you don't check our website that often Peter. Version 12.7 has been out for a day. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 528054 Photo

209 posts

God.... Is it :)

Thats typical I guess, and walked into that one again. Head on :D

Thanks for the heads up, I have been in here now and again, but thought everyone had gone on holiday or something...

Thanks Scott

Peter :rolleyes:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.