Program Stuck and Non Responsive on...

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

Yeah, Scott knew his things, that's for sure! He probably would have asked you the following questions:
Are you using any antivirus or other kind of programmes that might block your download or installation to proceed as it should?
Are you installing to the default location?
Have you tried installing as an admin?
Or run it as an admin?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 1571626 Photo

11 posts

I disengaged my security suite. Yes to all other questions. I am the only person on this computer and so am always the Admin.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

Still you could try right-clicking on the file and choose 'run as admin'. It has helped me once or twice, and I'm also the admin - and only user - og my machine.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 300493 Photo

96 posts

I thought it was all my fault when my editor died on me.

I feel much better now, as it is obviously something else and hopefully support will one day let us know what went wrong.

To me the answer was in another (as in different brand) editor. At least now I can get my work done.
Know that we really only think we know
User 188640 Photo

895 posts

Has Scott left CC?
A Rose is Just a Weed in a Corn Patch!
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Ernie Hodge wrote:
Has Scott left CC?

Yes must be 2 years or so now
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

If they haven't already been tried, the following might help.

1. From the timing of when the program became problematic, the notes in my post here could well be relevant.

2. Right-clicking on the taskbar in the Windows 10 allows one to select the Task Manager. I would do this before running The HTML Editor to note the percentage shown in the Processes tab of usage of the CPU, Memory, Disk, and Network. With the Task Manager still running I would then start up The HTML Editor and see what changes there are to the noted usage of the above items
(a) immediately,
(b) after closing the Tips and Welcome boxes, and
(c) when clicking on items that caused the perpetual hourglass and message at the top.
This may reveal whether hardware resources are being overstretched, possibly because some other program/process (perhaps malware or some newly added program) is hogging them.

Frank

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.