Problem with Library Items - Post ID...

User 1987354 Photo

28 posts

I installed new version on a new computer; opened my website; no library items present, no custom snippets. Why do these not come in when the site is opened. Had to import the library items from a backup of the "Library" folder from other computer and other version of editor. Now I have to recreate or copy from other computer all the custom snippets! That's not making me happy!
Also, a friend did the same thing, except when she imported her library items they won't update the pages correctly. It shows an error and the path to the library is all messed up. And on one of the items, the imported lbi file recreated an entire page of code within the lbi file!!! This has happened before and REALLY F*#!@% EVERYTHING UP.
Any comments or help as to why this happens. Also, I found that the Library folder is separate from the site folder and if I hadn't found that by accident, I would never have known where to find the library items. I assumed (silly me) that they are contained within the site document, but they are not, as is evident by the fact that they don't transfer with the site to the new computer.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
11,501 posts
Online Now

Linda, your questions should better be raised with the CC technichians, this is a user-to-user forum. Submit a support ticket and let them answer you.

To me it seems logical that there are no snippets or library items contained in the programme itself, when first installed on a new machine, but I also would have thought that as soon as you open the project file of your website, they should be included.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway
My new honey site, built with RFF: http://www.horgenhonning.net/
Component sharing for RFF, RBB, RSD and SD: http://www.horgenhonning.net/sharing/

User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
517 posts

From experience, you have to add them back in.
Easy if you know where they are stored but can be a problem if you do not.
You have to work out what you added after initial install.
I now always back these details up as you will now.
Keith

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.