Using "Layouts" in Components - Post...

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Hello all,
As some may know I am in the process of converting our RSD1.5 site to RFF 2.5 all is going well ( so far) but I came across this component "Layouts" and am wondering if anyone else has used it? It uses "Flexomagic" with 3 items as "Cards" in it. I have been working with it and it seems simple enough for me so I don't think I can make to many mistakes ( only a few).
In the Header 3 they use a font called KHAND and a fallback font "CURSIVE" if I use that is this a font that will show up on ALL computers or is there something I have to add also?? They also use Col as FLEXOMAGIC and Container as CARD and you work with a FLEX BASIS, I did change the basis and can get 3 products the way I want. Now is this something most here use or just staying with Col Row and flex and NOT this FLEXOMAGIC. Seems that changing the Flex Basis is like changing the width. Any thoughts??
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

The font is a Google font, which means that it is fetched from a repository on the web, so it will show up.

I haven't used this component, so I need some time before I can post anything sensible to your other question.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Hello Inger,
Thanks I would appreciate your professional input on it. After working with it more from what I see Chrome works best while IE and Fire Fox don't. Could be only due to my break points. I did like the way I was able to add image and paragraph BUT all paragraphs had to be exact as far as how many lines of text to keep all even. Only way to learn is by doing so its not a waste of time.

Good to know about the Google font Does that mean ALL Google fonts I can use in place of Times or Georgia ?
Ray aka Kreations
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

Well, it looks like 'flexomagic' is a class name invented by the person who made and styled this layout. I don't find that word on the Zurb website. Card, however, is a unit developed by Zurb, with a default set of styling, which can be changed if needed in a specific project.
You can change the flex basis, but if you set it to more than what it is 'out of the box', and also take away the wrap, you may risk that the cards are not as wide as you wanted if there isn't space enough. They will shrink to fit into the space available.
You are likely to lose the styling of the .card or .flexomagic if you remove the class name.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

Yes, you can safely use the google fonts.

Oh, and if you keep the default class names, the cards should all line up nicely regardless of how much is in them.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Inger wrote:
Yes, you can safely use the google fonts.

Oh, and if you keep the default class names, the cards should all line up nicely regardless of how much is in them.

Thanks again Inger for taking time to check it out, as always I appreciate your input and help.

I will practice more with it but may have a problem when I add a paragraph unless all are the same amount of text lines. I will practice again using a 3 across image column I made as a component to see if that is a better way to go.

?All hopefully is better after the snow and power is staying on.
Ray aka Kreations
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

Ray wrote:

All hopefully is better after the snow and power is staying on.

Yes, but it is snowing again... :o
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Inger wrote:
Ray wrote:

All hopefully is better after the snow and power is staying on.

Yes, but it is snowing again... :o

Hopefully it will be nothing major and power will stay on.
Ray aka Kreations

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.