The difference between Responsive...

User 2120397 Photo

96 posts

So is Foundation Framer going to replace Responsive Site Designer?
And will Responsive Site Designer no longer be supported or updated?

I think maybe new concepts ar being introduced too fast....
We can't redesign our web every year.
http://wilford.no
I may be a little grumpy in the morning, that is, before my first cup of coffee ;)
User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

I think this post shows the position regarding the future.

Frank
User 2189375 Photo

27 posts

Will it be possible to export RSD projects to FF?

Simon
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Simon Kreveld wrote:
Will it be possible to export RSD projects to FF?

Simon

No, that will not be possible as RSD projects are not created with the Foundation framework.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2303371 Photo

27 posts

Hi

When I will be able to purchase Foundation Framer?
User 414501 Photo

564 posts

Is foundation framer going to replace RSD? Given the difference in price, $59 vs. $189, I would like to assume that RSD has *far* more functionality than FF. Am I correct in assuming this? Or should I have not bought RSD and held out for FF? Thank you.
Chad Spillars
"Look I finally made myself a signature!"
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Chad Spillars wrote:
Is foundation framer going to replace RSD? Given the difference in price, $59 vs. $189, I would like to assume that RSD has *far* more functionality than FF. Am I correct in assuming this? Or should I have not bought RSD and held out for FF? Thank you.

Why do people think RSD is getting replaced! :)

Foundation Framer is specifically targeted for people that want to build a responsive website using Zurb's Foundation framework. If you are not familiar with Foundation, you can learn a bit more about that framework here at http://foundation.zurb.com/learn/about.html.

You can also find a brief comparison between the two apps here (Bob posted this on June 20th down below): Foundation Framer vs. Responsive Site Designer.

Determining which one is better for you comes down to how you want to build your site as there are many frameworks out there like our Coffeegrinder, Bootstrap and Foundation each with their own strengths. Check out this helpful comparison of these grid systems at https://bootstrapbay.com/blog/bootstrap-vs-foundation/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.