Suggestions for Foundation Framer -...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

We want your ideas, suggestions, and comments about Foundation Framer. So tell us: How can we make the software even better? Remember, our products are here for you guys, so we want to make them the very best we can :)

This thread is for Suggestions for Foundation Framer - please no problem questions. Have a problem or question or want to chit chat about this program then Start a new thread please.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38185 Photo

Ambassador
25 posts

First suggestion: the ability to show hidden content through a setting in the View menu (such as view hidden items). Unless I'm missing it, it's not an option unless you look it up through the DOM, but I'm awfully forgetful.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Ed Spader wrote:
First suggestion: the ability to show hidden content through a setting in the View menu (such as view hidden items). Unless I'm missing it, it's not an option unless you look it up through the DOM, but I'm awfully forgetful.

Use the Inspector pane Ed.

https://s31.postimg.org/42suyylvv/Screen_Shot_2016_06_20_at_2_34_19_PM.png

You will see a new "EYE" icon that shows what items are hidden. You can toggle hidden elements on/off by clicking on the "eye", or checking the box "Show X hidden items on this breakpoint".
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38185 Photo

Ambassador
25 posts

Right. And that is awesome. But it would sometimes be easier to toggle all invisible items in the DOM and make them visible. And, preferably, either outline them in red or use some other method to alert me that these items would default to invisible when viewing in a browser.
User 38185 Photo

Ambassador
25 posts

Scott, I just saw what you were referring to with the checkbox. I get it now. Thanks.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,444 posts

Since the shopping cart has not been made responsive (will it ever?), would it be possible to combine features of the shopping cart with the e-commerce theme, so that it becomes a real shop with all the bells and whistles? I would suggest something like that.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 38185 Photo

Ambassador
25 posts

Would it be possible (or is it already possible) to add the ability to create attributes for form elements, like placeholder & pattern? These don't already exist in the list of available attributes and when I try to add them as a custom attribute, I get a message that the attribute name is reserved.
User 38185 Photo

Ambassador
25 posts

Will we be able to get text shadow capabilities like RSD has?
User 38185 Photo

Ambassador
25 posts

Regarding the text shadow, I do see a button labeled Add Text Shadow for some elements, but not all. For example, there is no way that I can tell to add a text shadow to a list item, like you can in RSD.
User 379556 Photo

1,532 posts

In Design panel > Style, the Reset button is placed at the end of the 'State' line, giving the impression that clicking it will reset the styling for the whichever of the states (Regular, Hover etc.) is displayed in that line.

In fact the Reset button resets the styling for all the states, but only of the Type, Class or ID that is showing in the 'Apply to' box. To avoid misleading the unwary, I suggest that the Reset button be put at the end of the 'Apply to' line rather than at the end of the 'State' line.

Frank

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.