sharing / exporting / importing...

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

Wayan, would you please mail me that fix too? Not sure if what I 'remembered' was correct... :rolleyes:
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 461879 Photo

82 posts

Hello Inger,

I have a question regarding your menus. When we exchanged some posts a few weeks ago you noted how the Dropdown 'hamburger' menu for RSD2 on your sharing page was only good in foundation... at the time I was making my site in bootstrap.

I do not even really know the differences in these layout types but I had no issue doing it again in foundation as I had only done the first main page of the site and in order to have the menu and navigation I wanted it was worth doing it again.

My business however consists of many websites selling all different kinds of tours.

The first two sites I converted to responsive design I did quite awhile back and did them with responsive layout maker.

My dilemma now is I have made much nicer sites now with RSD and your menu along with one Wayan helped me with and the sites I did with layout maker have terrible design and navigation.

I want to update those sites with the new menus but from what you said I guess they will not work as the design is coffeegrinderDDP not foundation.

Would you happen to have a menu sample like the Dropdown 'hamburger' menu but for the coffeegrinderDDP?

I am sure the answer is no but I figured I would check as the only other option is to convert two 20+ page websites over to foundation.

Thanks

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry, at the time of the Layout maker I was still mainly using the HTML Editor. I'm afraid I'm not too well acquainted with Coffeegrinder to be of any help with a menu for it, at least not the kind of menu you wanted.
If you stay in the Coffeegrinder system, I'm afraid you will be missing out on several new and better ways of doing things. What I would recommend is, use Site Designer and convert your sites. You can then choose between Bootstrap, Foundation or Materialize, and from then on, you can use the components available for the system you have chosen. If you are a subscriber to the CC newsletter, you should have got, in the latest one, a tutorial for creating the same kind of menu that I have for Foundation, but in Bootstrap. I haven't got around to making one myself for my sharing folder yet, although I have followed that tutorial, and it isn't at all difficult. And as always: Just holler if you get stuck!

Just one very important hint: Before you convert your sites to any other framework, make a SAFETY BACKUP!
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 461879 Photo

82 posts

Thanks Inger,

That's what I thought I would need to do.

A lot of work ahead..
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

I'm afraid so, yes...
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Jonathan Warren wrote:
Thanks Inger,

That's what I thought I would need to do.

A lot of work ahead..

Actually if you have all the images & verbiage you want to put into the new layout (as in keeping them as they are now, it isn't so bad as you can copy & paste verbiage & import the images folder (or whatever you have called it), into SD, RSD so that they are already in.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.