Setting breakpoint in FF - Post ID...

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Hello all,
Just wondering about using the breakpoints, I am working on a test page in Foundation Framer ( love what it does) and just wondering opened for new project and the defaults are 646 and 1024 px, since this is mobile first if I start at 646 and scroll to right for desktop it looks really good. Now going to left for smaller screens it is not right, so if I have it right than going to left I have to set new breakpoints ie ( for me ) 450 and 320 px. to accommodate the smaller screen??? or should I just start with 320 and work up using 320, 450, 646 and 1024 px? I know you don't design for any breakpoint rather for content on page.
Just wondering when setting the Class ie: for Logo I have it set as Class-Logo- image and Class Float - center I also named the row and column similar is considered correct??

Thanks for any replies,
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Ray wrote:
Hello all,
Just wondering about using the breakpoints, I am working on a test page in Foundation Framer ( love what it does) and just wondering opened for new project and the defaults are 646 and 1024 px, since this is mobile first if I start at 646 and scroll to right for desktop it looks really good. Now going to left for smaller screens it is not right, so if I have it right than going to left I have to set new breakpoints ie ( for me ) 450 and 320 px. to accommodate the smaller screen??? or should I just start with 320 and work up using 320, 450, 646 and 1024 px? I know you don't design for any breakpoint rather for content on page.
Just wondering when setting the Class ie: for Logo I have it set as Class-Logo- image and Class Float - center I also named the row and column similar is considered correct??

Thanks for any replies,
Ray

Ray
all styling in FF is from the left up, so if you actually have your 646 breakpoint highlighted I E a dot in the middle, then below that breakpoint will not have the styling,,,,, if you have the slider just to the left of the 646 breakpoint then all styling will go right down to the lowest breakpoints.,,, and continue up until you change or add another breakpoint..

Depending on your overall design,, I find that you possibly should need a lower breakpoint at around the 300 px (then that really covers for the 320 bpx sizes easily)because there are still a lot of phones around and still in use at those viewport sizes. (not many and of course you need assess your services being offered as to if being viewed on these older & smaller devices, you actually want or need them anyway,,,, but it is just as easy and not much extra work to start around the 300 px mark (just to the left of that if you really want to cover all bases)

Naming classes do whatever works for you,, you can call them what you like,,, they cannot hear you :D
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Thank you very much Wayan Jaya for the explanation it is a big help. I will continue tomorrow on the test page and I do see going left to right (once u get the hang of it)is the way to design Thank You.
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Ray wrote:
Thank you very much Wayan Jaya for the explanation it is a big help. I will continue tomorrow on the test page and I do see going left to right (once u get the hang of it)is the way to design Thank You.
Ray

If I can impose for another question do u know how many pages we can do in RFF ? In RSD we can only do 75 is it the same in RFF.
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Ray wrote:
Ray wrote:
Ray

If I can impose for another question do u know how many pages we can do in RFF ? In RSD we can only do 75 is it the same in RFF.
Ray

Actually Ray I don't know,,, but might be able to answer that soon, as I am getting close to the 70 pages with my latest project
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Wayan thanks will be waiting to see how many u are able to do.
Ray
Ray aka Kreations

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.