RFF and IE question - Post ID 273279

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Hello all,
Can someone Please check using IE my 2nd url in the signature that was made with RFF 2.0 and than updated to 2.1
The site is ok in Mozilla and Chrome but I was doing a update on it and I don't think it is responsive in IE .
Thanks
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Ray wrote:
Hello all,
Can someone Please check using IE my 2nd url in the signature that was made with RFF 2.0 and than updated to 2.1
The site is ok in Mozilla and Chrome but I was doing a update on it and I don't think it is responsive in IE .
Thanks
Ray

Works ok over here in Sunny Bali (ie 11) + edge + firefox
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
[quote=Works ok over here in Sunny Bali (ie 11) + edge + firefox

Thank you Wayan Jaya I appreciate you checking it for me, I don't have Win 10 and
Edge so good to know it is ok and also IE 11 ( that I have). Will have to check tomorow as it was in RFF during the "Preview Default" in IE 11 that I saw the issue.
Hope all is well in Sunny Bali
Ray - Sunny but Cool in New Jersey.
Ray aka Kreations
User 2273654 Photo

754 posts

I looked at the site with firefox browser and shrunk down the pg from full size to small size with mouse grab right to left shrinking. the menu and items displaying on the pg very smoothly transformed to smallest rendering. Moved the mouse slowly and the menu changed outstandingly smoothly, no whatsoever unsightly moments of undesirable herky jerky renderings, all perfect smooth outstanding transitioning. I give it an A++.
My CC S-drive site https://workhorsepainting.com
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

GregB wrote:
I looked at the site with firefox browser and shrunk down the pg from full size to small size with mouse grab right to left....

Thank you GreggB for taking time to check it and the grade u gave :) I myself would give it at least a B considering how sites like yours and so many talented members here make BUT thank you.
Hope all us well and thanks again for helping when needed.
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Can anyone please help with this: But first I thank Wayan and GreggB for checking and letting me know what they saw, I appreciate it very much.
Now what I am seeing is on IE-11 only, the index or home page in signature is working good just like FFox and Chrome no problem. BUT on the vacation-planner.html page the 3 containers with the 3 pics do NOT work good going from large to small on the desktop and also doing a preview using IE in the CC RFF. BUT the page does work the way it should in FFox and Chrome. Also it looks good on my Android cellphone, I would not have noticed it if I did not try and do a update to the page. Can it be a Flex problem? A container problem? Any and all thoughts will be most appreciated, I stopped on any updates until I can this corrected. it has to be something real simple as not long ago it was working good in IE-11
Thanks,
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
User 2273654 Photo

754 posts

I can confirm, I tried it with my IE browser on the pg you specified and yes when reducing pg they just scrunched up with each other not good. As for what is causing it I do not know. But if it iw working in other browsers then that would say that the app put it out correct and that that browser is not functioning up to current standards. I would not worry about it, IE is on its way out.
My CC S-drive site https://workhorsepainting.com
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

GregB wrote:
I can confirm, I tried it with my IE browser on the pg you specified and yes when reducing pg they just scrunched up with each other not good. As for what is causing it I do not know.....

Thanks GreggB, yes that's the problem seems only IE 11 issue. I don't have Edge but Wayan checked and all was ok.
I did go to my saved folder and opened one from 2.23 17 and that in preview in RFF 2.1 using IE does work. Wondering if it has to do with updating from 2.0 to 2.1 ? Oh well will compare pages later.
Thanks again
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

I have IE11, and it works fine. The pages are responsive.
Now, the important thing is not how it looks on a PC with a phone size viewport, but how it looks on a phone. Nobody in his or her right mind would open a site on a desktop or laptop computer with the viewport set to phone size.
I checked the site on my Iphone 6 with Safari, and I can't see any trouble at all. You can be proud of your work, Ray! :)
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Inger wrote:
I have IE11, and it works fine. The pages are responsive.
Now, the important thing is not how it looks on a PC with a phone size viewport, but how it looks on a phone. Nobody in his or her right mind would open a site on a desktop or laptop computer with the viewport set to phone size.
I checked the site on my Iphone 6 with Safari, and I can't see any trouble at all. You can be proud of your work, Ray! :)

Thank you Inger for looking at the issue also for me I know you are busy and I appreciate you taking the time to check it.
Ok I agree with what you said about "opening view port for mobile on desktop" what got me was when in CC-RFF going to Preview and actually checking each browser I found the IE-11 issue that I previously did not have. What I did was go back to one of my saved ( learned the hard way :) ) projects and that page actually worked great SO - I experimented and since I now have 2.1 I opened the page and 4 rows with the 3 images each i actually made a component for each and added to my component library and was able to replace the old one and add these as components to the page in question. All I had to do was fix the CSS and now the page when checking in Preview and using IE-11 it works same as Chrome and FFox. The thing I have to think about is if all is fine actually Mobile should I now upload this fix or leave well enough alone :rolleyes: One thing for sure is I learned something new in regard to making and saving components.
Once again Thank you Inger, hope things are somewhat better on your end??????
Before I forget thanks also for your very kind comment for this newbie it has been a lot of work and many many hours to get this far but thanks to you and all the great CC helpers that took time out I was able to finally learn something that I never thought I could.
Ray
Ray aka Kreations

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.