Responsive menu opens behind text -...

User 126471 Photo

26 posts

Hello,

I hope somebody can help me, I think it should be a very easy solution, but i just cannot work it out, I have a responcive menu, but when its opened, it goes behind the text heading i have underneath. How can i get the menu to open over the text?

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Matt.
Attachments:
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

What you need to do there Matt is for the Container, you need to set a Z-Index so that the menu is on top. To do that, go to the POSITION section and for Position, switch that to the second icon and then for Z-Index, set a Unit of 1.

https://s27.postimg.org/iyyoywmjn/Screen_Shot_2016_12_09_at_5_11_56_PM.png

Attached is the updated project.
Attachments:
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Matt wrote:
Hello,

I hope somebody can help me, I think it should be a very easy solution, but i just cannot work it out, I have a responcive menu, but when its opened, it goes behind the text heading i have underneath. How can i get the menu to open over the text?

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Matt.

Scott, that doesn't work for me here,
Matt (hows everything in sunny Dartmouth ?)
I believe the problem is the transparency for the menu at responsive lower sizes,, I think you will have to put some background colour to the container
or
set the container width to 50% (or less if you so desire) and float it right,, then the responsive menu opens underneath the 3 bar icon

Wayan
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

try this

Forgot to mention change the container back to width = auto and take off the float right at the next break point higher
Attachments:
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 126471 Photo

26 posts

Thank you both for replying to me, Scott I have to agree with Wayan, it doesn't work for me either, I have tried putting a z index on the container, column, and heading, doesn't seem to want to know.

Thanks wayan for your suggestion, I like the idea of the menu opening full width, I had considered only having it on the right, but for me it just doesn't look right.

Dartmouth is lovely thank you, we have been lucky with the weather, it's just blimin cold at the moment! Roll on Summer, it seems a long way away!
User 126471 Photo

26 posts

Hi Scott, sorry, I take that back, I have just put a z-index on the menu, and it works! Sorry I think I replied to soon!

Thank you for your help.

Wayan, thank you again also, I appreciate your suggestion, hopefully next time I require help, I will have progressed a little more!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.