Question FF-2.5 - Post ID 281222

User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Hi Ray,

My guess would be they will not be updating RFF or RBSB. It is a pain but there are videos out there to show you how to convert from RSD 2.5 to SD3.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Steve wrote:
Hi Ray,

My guess would be they will not be updating RFF or RBSB. It is a pain but there are videos out there to show you how to convert from RSD 2.5 to SD3.

Hello Steve,
Thanks that was my thinking also BUT one can always hope they will for a little while yet :) but ur probably right.
Believe it or not but that 63 page site is RSD 1.5 yet have 2.5 in our other computer but 1.5 for me had some issues converting to 2.5 so as support agreed best to actually remake site to avoid issues so started redoing in FF before SD3 was made. As mentioned many times my trying to make a new menu had been an issue and keeping menu builder was best for me for now to bad they have discontinued MB.

Ray
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Steve wrote:
It is a pain but there are videos out there to show you how to convert from RSD 2.5 to SD3.

Could you please post a link to those videos? I haven't found any, only an article by Suzanne, and also a section in an article by Bob.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Ray wrote:

Believe it or not but that 63 page site is RSD 1.5 yet have 2.5 in our other computer but 1.5 for me had some issues converting to 2.5 so as support agreed best to actually remake site to avoid issues so started redoing in FF before SD3 was made. As mentioned many times my trying to make a new menu had been an issue and keeping menu builder was best for me for now to bad they have discontinued MB.

If you want to convert your site from RSD 1.5, why not try Vanilla in SD3? You can do it desktop down. But still, 63 pages is a lot.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

If you want to convert your site from RSD 1.5, why not try Vanilla in SD3? You can do it desktop down. But still, 63 pages is a lot.

Hello Inger,
I was looking at Vanilla in V3 it is CSS (no framework) so from what I have read I have to actually start from scratch and add code and not being a web designer like you and so many others here on CC that is something I won't even try.
Most likely I will just redo from scratch the site now have to decide on RFF or take the plunge and use SDV3. If I don't have to worry about that grid thing and use only flex and not worry about the IE-11 Fallback it is something to reconsider.
it may take time BUT as long I can get it redone and running by end of summer. In the meantime will keep the site up in 1.5 as the saying goes " If it ain't broke don't fix it" :) for now.
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
User 2903050 Photo

260 posts

Hi Ray, I am no web developer but really enjoy getting stuck in. I would take the plunge without a heartbeat.
See the grid thing as being able to enhance the way your layout looks without lots of time-consuming other layout options and just a few clicks with the grid editor. Do all your work in fallback mode then have a play with the grid afterwards. Don't be scared. Regards
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Phil Dias wrote:
Hi Ray, I am no web developer but really enjoy getting stuck in. I would take the plunge without a heartbeat.
See the grid thing as being able to enhance the way your layout looks without lots of time-consuming other layout options and just a few clicks with the grid editor. Do all your work in fallback mode then have a play with the grid afterwards. Don't be scared. Regards

Hello Phil,
For not being a web designer what you did with the menu and all is really great!
I know it is something I may have to try and learn just don't want to mess up what is done already. Choosing between FF vs SD3 will take some time for me to decide, being scared is a good thing for me as it will keep me researching what is best for me. :)
Thanks I appreciate your input!
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
User 2903050 Photo

260 posts

Ray wrote:
Phil Dias wrote:

Hello Phil,
For not being a web designer what you did with the menu and all is really great!
I know it is something I may have to try and learn just don't want to mess up what is done already. Choosing between FF vs SD3 will take some time for me to decide, being scared is a good thing for me as it will keep me researching what is best for me. :)
Thanks I appreciate your input!
Ray

Thank you for your kind words. At the moment, my current website has a domain name and I am using an unused domain to test an upgraded site with CoffeeCup. Is this something you could do so you can have a real play with possibly SD3. It took me a week to figure out why ie11 was messing my SVG logo up so not to have the fear of ruining my current website allows me to really have a test and play. Ive told the robots not to follow also so should be no duplicate material in the future. Regards Phil
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Phil,
For not being a web developer, as you say, and being new to all this, I find you have come incredible far in a short time! That is very admirable.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2903050 Photo

260 posts

Inger wrote:
Phil,
For not being a web developer, as you say, and being new to all this, I find you have come incredible far in a short time! That is very admirable.

Thank you again. Much appreciated.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.