Photos - Post ID 263925

User 125713 Photo

2 posts

I am trying to use Foundation Framer but it's driving me up the wall.

I want a photo to run across the screen. So I chose a photo which looked good in Photoshop. When I saw it in Foundation Framer it had lines which ran from the right hand edge of the photo through the middle and then stopped before hitting the left hand side of the photo.

So I decided to change the photo to see if it was a problem with the photo. But even though I have linked to a new photo, the old one doesn't disappear.
User 2699991 Photo

4,798 posts
Online Now

Hello Martin from sunny Bali,
1/ Did you put the image into the resources part of ff or link to it using Url ?
2/ Did you change the link at a different breakpoint (possible thats why the old one still showing)?
3/ Did you put it as background image?
4/ What is the size and resolution of the photo?
5/ Is it possible to provide the project files so one of the CC wizards and Guru's can possible identify the problem?

6/ Tell me to stop asking too many questions :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Wayan
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 125713 Photo

2 posts

Wayan

thank you for the reply.

1.I linked to it with a url.

2. I started at "mobile" size and worked outwards. At the top level resolution I changed the url reference to another photo but it shows the "original".

3. No it's not a background image, it's in a row.

4. The photo is 3504 by 2336 and is 485kb. I did start off with a photo which was 5Mb in size and that had more lines across it.

5. Not sure if I want to show off my rubbish design :)

6. There are never enough questions. But often not enough answers.

Martin
User 2699991 Photo

4,798 posts
Online Now

hello martin'
Well it looks like what you have done should work, but without actually being able to see the project (rubbish design or not, :D:D;);), ) one will not be able to fully investigate the problem, and who is going to judge the design, when one is concentrating on the problem.

If you really don't want the CC world to see then send the project file just to me (or anyone else that chips in) by e-mail) That way if somehow your "Rubbish Design" get's out into the real virtual world, feel free to come to Bali and kick me in the nether regions and tell me not to do it again :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

Hi Martin, from rainy Norway!
You should not be afraid of showing your work, rubbish or not. There is a saying that goes: 'Never critisize a half finished job!'. We have seen many attempts of designs over the years (and I have been here for more than 10 years now!), and this community has been able to help improving things that initially didn't look its best. Also, remember, people like you and me, and everyone else here, first have to learn a programme, we were not born experts.
I would not be the right person to help you with your actual issue in Foundation Framer, I'm far to fond of writing my own code, but Wayan and some others here will be able to help you sort the problem.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.