Linking pages - Post ID 266553

User 2855476 Photo

4 posts

Using Responsive foundation framer 2.0 build 226 registered version.
Greetings, New to responsive site building and foundation framer. I’m at a bit of an impasse with foundation framer. I have built a few sites using serif web plus and messed around with HTLM many years ago. I like to think that I have a rudimentary understanding of how a site works.
BUT
For the life of me I cannot figure out how to link the pages together. Searching on the forum brings up advice for VSD which seems to be set up a little different then foundation?
I click on the picture or text that I want to link to the page and the only link choice I can find is a url for a published page. I’ve tried both plane picture and picture link and the dame for text.
I guess that I’m used to software that dose most the work for you.
What am I missing?
Any help is much appreciated.
Ken.
Attachments:
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Look at your screenshot and you will see Href. Remove the # and enter the URL to where you want to link to or just the page name you want to link to. Page names will automatically populate as you press a character that matches the name of your pages.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2855476 Photo

4 posts

Thank you Scott.
I have used that for some external links to other sites and they work perfectly. The urls to the external sites populate but none of the pages do. I typed in the page name and tested on chrome, firefox and E. when the link is clicked it goes to file:///C:/Users/Ken/AppData/Local/Responsive%20Foundation%20Framer/cache/11712/preview/mypage name
The page reads File not found.
I’m sure it must be user error on my part but something not clicking for me.:rolleyes:
any articles you can point the way to?
Ken
User 2699991 Photo

4,798 posts
Online Now

Kenneth Shaw wrote:
Thank you Scott.
I have used that for some external links to other sites and they work perfectly. The urls to the external sites populate but none of the pages do. I typed in the page name and tested on chrome, firefox and E. when the link is clicked it goes to file:///C:/Users/Ken/AppData/Local/Responsive%20Foundation%20Framer/cache/11712/preview/mypage name
I’m sure it must be user error on my part but something not clicking for me.:rolleyes:
Ken

Hello from sunny bali
Sorry to butt in and to sound like I am stating the obvious,,, but are you putting the link as mypagename.html if you are and it still isn't working then perhaps you could zip the project file and post it here so that we can see what's going on
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

That is not a valid URL. RSD will populate the page name automatically with any page that is in your project. Just press the first letter of the page name and it will appear and you can select it.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2855476 Photo

4 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Kenneth Shaw wrote:
Thank you Scott.
Ken

Hello from sunny bali
Sorry to butt in and to sound like I am stating the obvious,,, but are you putting the link as mypagename.html if you are and it still isn't working then perhaps you could zip the project file and post it here so that we can see what's going on

Thank you for your input. The( .html )was exactly what I was missing.
I don’t know why the software does not populate the list, but at least I can preview my work now.
Ken

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.