Latest Update - Post ID 270546

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Scott Wrote
In this update:
Implemented some back-end adjustments that addresses some random crashes a few people have reported.

Well didn't work for me has already crashed 3 times this morning (as per normal)

And just for good measure,, elements are still leaping about willy nilly like Skippy The Bush Kangaroo with it's tail on fire
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Did you a dialog with a diagnostic number and instructions on how to contact us? What was the exact steps you were taking with the crash happened? Can you reproduce it and record a video?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Did you a dialog with a diagnostic number and instructions on how to contact us? What was the exact steps you were taking with the crash happened? Can you reproduce it and record a video?

Happens Randomly Scott, the only thing I can think is that it tends to happen more often when I go back into a project and start doing changes to styling (no particular specific item)

I will try running a video next time I'm working on project,,, see if I can capture it when it happens

What's a dialog?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

You will see something like this:

https://s28.postimg.org/vkdiev3nh/unable_save.png

That code number tells us exactly where the issue is isolated to. Since you are not getting that, there is something else causing the crash. For that, we need to know what exactly you were working on.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
You will see something like this:

https://s28.postimg.org/vkdiev3nh/unable_save.png

That code number tells us exactly where the issue is isolated to. Since you are not getting that, there is something else causing the crash. For that, we need to know what exactly you were working on.

I sometimes get that message too,, I will make a note of that next time,, (usually when it happens it's all I can do to NOT throw a brick through the monitor, or go look for the neighbors cat to kick :o )
I get the message that cc has stopped working (or something to that effect) I am running windows 10 I have tried running FF in Administer mode,, and have tried compatability mode (the compatability mode thingy suggested running in windows 8,,, tried that didn't improve,, so I tried with running compatability mode with xp2 patch,, that made it woese so I went back now is just Administer mode.

Am downloading something now,, will take another 4 hours to come in,, so will try next steps later today (tomorrow for you)
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2796380 Photo

94 posts

I have been having crashing problems from the time I bought FF to present time. In the older builds 2.8x were really bad, would crash when trying to save to file been working on after making changes to project. I am now using build 321. Now the only time I have had a crash is almost anytime I preview on any browser. It will always happen after making several edit's then save first then preview on. So the last download has help some. When working for 6+ hours it will have crashed 3 or 4 times.
I have learned to make a Recovery file. So after a crash and it does the recovery bit I first save to this Recovery file. Next I open the file I was in and if all is OK use it or if it lost data then load Recovery file and save as to the file that I was using.
Also while making edits after a while stuff starts jumping around and/or change back.
All of this is a pain in the butt. Don't have any more cats left to kick.
Larry Penny
User 2796380 Photo

94 posts

I downloaded Build 329 the other day and here is what I found so far:
This weekend 03/12/2017 I started working on a Project around 11:30am took a few breaks leaving RFF on and quite at 11:49pm WITHOUT RFF CRASHING ONE TIME. I MEAN NONE so tell me was this due to build 329 or my imagination? I was experiencing at least 2 crashes per hour normally. It use to crash when I was doing nothing with program. Good job CC!
Larry Penny
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

I too have given the new version a real hammering over the past few days,, working almost non stop for 18 hours a day,,,, I have only experienced 6 crashes in that time and all seem to be specific

1/ Crashes after doing some serious changes to SYMBOLS --- not ewverytime and not for small changes,, but almost always for large changes (EG: changing order of menu buttons) Deleting or adding buttons/dropdowns) changing menu type

2/ Seems to crash or get stuck in Typography,, especially changing Font Type, & Font Weight (can take a minute or so for the change to happen (usually if this happens, it will crash the nect time there is a change made

3/ This one is more random,, but it has crashed a couple of times,, when going to "Preview On" (I also noticed that it happens if I forget to save the changs before doing Preview On.

HOWEVER having said all that,, this version of FF is by far and away more stable with less crashes/hanging than all of the other,,, --- So yes thank you CC team,,, almost there

Love the new version and all it's bits--- by the way.

Wayan
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Just had a new incident

This time crashed during a manual save (prior to doing preview On)
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

I had an incident yesterday, different from what has been described here earlier. Also the latest RFF.
I had been working for quite some time, regularly saving my work in between, when I noticed that the Save was greyed out. I was not sure if I had made some change since last time I saved. I then thought I was mistaken and went on working, among other things moving some breakpoint a wee bit (white ones). I was able to move one, just two-three px, but it left another breakpoint behind. So I thought it best to undo the move, in order not to lose the settings at that breakpoint. Then I noticed I was not able to select the white breakpoints (so that they got a dark 'dot' in the middle). I tried one of the blue breakpoints, that worked. Back to a white one, no way. I wanted to save, close and reopen the programme, but Save was still greyed out. This time I KNEW I had made changes, and I checked the time when the file was last saved, that was about 15 minutes earlier. I went for Save as and then closed the programme. After reopening, everything was fine again.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.