Is This Happening to other's ? - Post...

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Hello All,
Not sure where to put reporting of when somethings happening with RFF, just to make you aware (if not already)

Whilst working on a project I make some alterations to the existing design/style/content (doesn't make any difference which, nor does it make any difference which page is open, same thing happens) I then do a save, when it returns to normal screen, the design pane is sort of greyed out and I can't do anything except close and then when I re-open the last lot of changes haven't been saved, so I have to do that last lot of changes again. So I then have to do a "SAVE AS" (new file name) re-open the new file and then can continue,

It doesn't always happen when I do changes, just sometimes, but it is getting more & more frequent

This has only just started, but is now happening more and more frequently (3 times today already)

I understand this is still Beta, and things will show up, other than this recent thing this is a very very great tool which for me has worked wonderful until now, and even now not really a huge problem, just a bit annoying.

Anyway I just wanted to make you aware in case it is something you can fix, apologies if this isn't the place to report these issues, if not perhaps you can let me know where I should post for such things
Attachments:
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Try uninstalling the software, reboot and then re-install the software. See if that addresses the issue. If not, let us know. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Ok Scott will do
Thanks
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 1955696 Photo

23 posts

Hi,
I have a similar issue. It occurs usually when editing text links or text in list link items. If I highlight the initial text "LINK TEXT" of the component, insert new text, then at a later time edit that text I often loose all the text, and "Save" or "Save as" are not available, so everything else I have done cannot be saved. :rolleyes: So I have to close the program, lose all the work done, and start again. To cope with this I move the cursor to the other end of the text line delete all the text in reverse but not the first letter, insert the new text, then delete the last old text letter after I have finished editing, but all by moving the cursor, not highlighting, which seems to cause the problem. The good thing is it has made me "Save" constantly, and I always put the rff files into a BU folder both before editing and regularly as I continue to edit.
I will try reinstalling the software as suggested but thought I would flag this up first.
Cheers
User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Try uninstalling the software, reboot and then re-install the software. See if that addresses the issue. If not, let us know. ;)

No after I did delete and reinstalled , it hanged and design pane was empty I could see no setting in design pane. next I will try to take screen shot
Guys at coffeecup are awesometacular.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

hmmmm i un-installed reinstalled, i had 4 project all with the same file name, and all had lost formatting/style from the original.
glad it's just not me
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Just to clarify, when I re-opened FF It had created 4 projects with the same name, not that I had made 4 projects with the same name. (I think was maybe something to do with the "save project as" when I was getting the trouble before and the "save"option was greyed out.

Have now had to start the project all over again, as I just couldn't do all the style formatting again, seemed to me just as quick to actually start again (having also changed some of the design and content (which also was the cause of the problem arising in the first place).

Other than this little hiccup I have had no other serious problems with the FF, (except of my own making) during this BETA stage
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 190660 Photo

2 posts

Symbols Issue

I'm not sure what the trigger is, but I keep losing half my symbol links. I start out the project with 4 instances and end up with 2. I rebuilt the two that were missing, then later lose the other two. I can work around this, but just thought you should know.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Doran Nielsen wrote:
Symbols Issue

I'm not sure what the trigger is, but I keep losing half my symbol links. I start out the project with 4 instances and end up with 2. I rebuilt the two that were missing, then later lose the other two. I can work around this, but just thought you should know.

Well that is no good! :)

Can you provide any steps or further insight to help us narrow down where the issue might be at?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.