How to apply theme template to a new...

User 1570522 Photo

40 posts

Hi all, I've completed the index page (almost) and now want to add a portfolio page, using a different theme template but cannot find anywhere how to go about this. I'd have thought I could simply create a blank page and then apply the template, but when I try to do this it wants to exit the site project I'm working on a start a new one. I guess I can do this and then use absolute links to build the site but this seems a strange way to go about it. Am I missing something? (I'm in my 70s and not as quick on the uptake as I used to be).
User 2699991 Photo

4,799 posts

franko wrote:
Hi all, I've completed the index page (almost) and now want to add a portfolio page, using a different theme template but cannot find anywhere how to go about this. I'd have thought I could simply create a blank page and then apply the template, but when I try to do this it wants to exit the site project I'm working on a start a new one. I guess I can do this and then use absolute links to build the site but this seems a strange way to go about it. Am I missing something? (I'm in my 70s and not as quick on the uptake as I used to be).

The only way I know to do this and it is long winded & might not work properly

1/ open the project file with the template,, open the page you want & select a row at a time,, make a component from that row,, & save it to the components library,, you can then add the component to your existing project row by row.
this way is fraught with possible conflicts & complications.

Alternative is to take a look at the Portfolio page then make notes as to the styling for everything & then replicate it in your project
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 1570522 Photo

40 posts

Thanks Wayan. I was afraid that was the case. I can do it from scratch with a blank template but that seems a very long-winded way to go about it. Page at a time, rather than site-wide management. Opportunity for CC to create a much more efficient app as there really aren't any apps out there for developing sites rather than individual pages any more.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.