drop-down-footer - Post ID 266717

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Hello All From Rainy Bali :(

I am not sure if this is possible,,, what I would like to do is have an expanding footer,

so instead of having a huge area at the bottom of the page,, all that is displayed is a button (in a column with black background) which when clicked opens the footer container which contains all of the usual information.

Any Ideas ???
I have tried the component dropdown toggle, but it doesn't automatically expand the page to to show it without scrolling down

I have made a data toggler container with fade-in fade out again it doesn't expand the page so one can see the contents without scrolling down

Maybe this idea isn't possible,, but thought I would ask all of you Guru's & Geniuses out there first before moving onto another plan

Thanks

Wayan
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Up-date

I Think an accordion might be the trick, except I will only need 1 container, which I know how to set it to closed default rather than open and only open when clicked,, the problem is how to close it after viewing, the one in the components section doesn't seem to want to close again after it has been opened
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Certainly possible with The Accordion or you can build a custom one with The Toggler. To allow closing the accordion item simple add the data attribute 'data-allow-all-closed' to the Accordion (the outmost container) and set it to 'true'.
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Bob Visser wrote:
Certainly possible with The Accordion or you can build a custom one with The Toggler. To allow closing the accordion item simple add the data attribute 'data-allow-all-closed' to the Accordion (the outmost container) and set it to 'true'.

Hi Bob & The Team (& all CC members) from rainy Bali :|

The accordion nor the Data Toggler work how I would like. They certainly work but when they expand to show the contents one has to scroll down to see whats inside... I would have liked it to expand and automatically scroll to show the contents.

I think something like a stikky footer that expands up rather than down. I have seen one that is exactly what I am after,, but I think it is written in Martian and uses so many JS scripts it is a contender for the Shakespearian Lifetime Award For Use Of Scripts :D Ahh well was just an idea I had
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.