Button vs Button Submit - Post ID 264019

User 185561 Photo

102 posts

I have been trying to find out the difference between the BUTTON and BUTTON SUBMIT types in FF. Whenever I change the details for a BUTTON, all BUTTON details change within my project, but NOT any of the BUTTON SUBMIT type. I started with the template CLOSE YOUR EYES AND OPEN YOUR MIND that had both of these button types. However, I can not find the BUTTON in the element list anywhere. What am I doing wrong?
Once you accomplish the impossible, then you can move on to the hard stuff!
User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

Submit button is form element.
The buttons changing because using the same class
Guys at coffeecup are awesometacular.
User 185561 Photo

102 posts

Thanks Mansour, but where can I find just the button and not the button submit element?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

QuizMaster wrote:
Thanks Mansour, but where can I find just the button and not the button submit element?

Look to the right of Button Submit. You will find Button Link.

https://s26.postimg.org/d8r90iort/Screen_Shot_2016_08_05_at_12_51_17_PM.png
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 185561 Photo

102 posts

Thanks Scott, however, the button that is displayed in the template isn't a button link, but just a button. I would like to know how the button element is selected like it is used in the template.

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

QuizMaster wrote:
Thanks Scott, however, the button that is displayed in the template isn't a button link, but just a button. I would like to know how the button element is selected like it is used in the template.

Buttons are either Submit or Links. There is no 3rd choice. What template are you using?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 185561 Photo

102 posts

If I use the 'New From Theme>Real Estate or Travel' template. The button called "Action" has a type called Button, not Button Submit or Button Link. I would like to know how to select this button as an element. This button is not available in any of the RSD templates, only in FF.

Thanks in advance.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

QuizMaster wrote:
If I use the 'New From Theme>Real Estate or Travel' template. The button called "Action" has a type called Button, not Button Submit or Button Link. I would like to know how to select this button as an element. This button is not available in any of the RSD templates, only in FF.

Thanks in advance.

What you need to use is the Button Submit element. It is found in both RSD and FF. It has all the functions you are looking for.

https://s26.postimg.org/d8r90iort/Screen_Shot_2016_08_05_at_12_51_17_PM.png
User 185561 Photo

102 posts

Ok, thanks.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.