Update Today Not working - Post ID...

User 1967932 Photo

22 posts

Problem Solved: I had to an an exception to the firewall to make it work. DirectFtp did not show up in the exceptions block had to search for it and add the directFtp.exe to it. Never had to do it before the update.
Win2008 server 32 bit

Thanks Bo
User 359254 Photo

2 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Jeff Harris wrote:
I tried the new version wouldn't take the info for my servers unless I first signed up for s-drive. Never really liked it much, got it mostly because I do like the HTML editor so anyway, uninstalled and done. Can't please us all.

You did it wrong Jeff. ;)

Click the GREEN + sign to add your FTP server. What you did was click the BLACK GEAR icon which configures a connection to S-Drive.

nope hit the green + sign it acted like the s-drive was pre configured to be default and the server i was trying to set up stayed greyed out and would not activate. After screwing around with that awhile i tried to delete the preloaded s-drive and that wasn't an option.
like i said above never really liked it anyway so this upgrade just helped me make up my mind. not going away mad just going away (still love HTML editor though) probably looks like I'm bit-chin but I'm not just telling my experience. for some people this might be the thing just not my thing.
thanx J...
Jeff Harris MoneyMakerMavericks.com
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

When you click the Green + Sign, you get this dialog:

http://www.coffeecup.com/files/forums/dftp-green.png

When you click the Black Gear icon, you get htis dialog:

http://www.coffeecup.com/files/forums/dftp-sdrive.png

They are two different dialogs asking for different sets of information.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 132348 Photo

Ambassador
12 posts

Am I missing something here? There is clearly a problem with the latest update - I have had the same one. Long delays connecting to server, inability to move between folders etc, where the previous version was absolutely fine.

Instead of telling people to submit a support ticket, shouldn't someone be getting a lightbulb over their head and thinking "Uh, maybe we screwed up somewhere - let's have a look!"

Just a suggestion!

Phil
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Same issues here Scott, I thought maybe it was my internet, but apparently not. I try connecting to one of my servers and it times out. I retry it and it connects instantly. Has happened consistently 4 times in a row of using it so far.

If you need me to open a ticket I will, but with so many people saying this I posted first just in case you didn't want 50 tickets for the same thing :P
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

So far the majority of support tickets that has been opened all turned out to be a firewall issue of some kind. We would have them turn the firewall off, Direct FTP would connect just fine. Then we would re-enable the firewall and then try and connect again and the firewall alert would appear where they could click allow and then it worked.

I would suggest the same thing for anyone else. If it still doesn't work, support tickets are easier for us then forums and we can keep track of each issue individually.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.