RE: Direct FTP 6.8 Build 1896 Update...

User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

NOTE: For this update, we recommend that you uninstall any previous version first before installing the update.

Will it save the login info for all my sites?
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Yes. Your FTP information will always be preserved between updates.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

OK. Please explain this:
Added: Ability to backup and restore server database profiles.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Go to the File Menu > Database

You can backup and restore all your FTP accounts now through the application.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

It failed to export because database password is incorrect. How do I enter my database UN and PW? It is different then my FTP info.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Good catch. What you have implemented in Direct FTP was Encryption Password. Go into the Edit Menu > Preferences > Security and check the box "use automatically generated password". The export then will work.

I will log that for a fix in the next release.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

LOL, This is funny. I'm not sure if I found a bug. This new feature imports and exports the Direct FTP database? I was thinking you guys found a way to export my mysql databases via a dump and ftp transfer. OK, now we're on the same page. :)

Rereading your previous post again, I see it was clearly stated. I guess I was wishing for something most awesome. :D
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Tom wrote:
LOL, This is funny. I'm not sure if I found a bug. This new feature imports and exports the Direct FTP database? I was thinking you guys found a way to export my mysql databases via a dump and ftp transfer. OK, now we're on the same page. :)

Rereading your previous post again, I see it was clearly stated. I guess I was wishing for something most awesome. :D

Oh, you can do that to in Direct FTP now as well Tom. Just simultaneously hold down the SHIFT+ALT+CTRL+M+Y+S+Q+L keys and then right-mouse click and select MySQL database dump. :)
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

haha. OK, I deserved that. :)

But the developers are working on it, right? :D
User 244141 Photo

Ambassador
1,209 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Tom wrote:

Oh, you can do that to in Direct FTP now as well Tom. Just simultaneously hold down the SHIFT+ALT+CTRL+M+Y+S+Q+L keys and then right-mouse click and select MySQL database dump. :)

I thought the same thing too Tom...that was making me very frisky...:o
Web Design: https://www.websnoogie.com
Member - BBB: Websnoogie, LLC

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.