RE: Direct FTP 6.8 Build 1896 Update...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

This is great! Finally we don't have to re-enter all of our account connections info! Yaaaaay! *now to put the whip on them for all the other programs so they don't have to either!* :)

BTW, Just thought I'd add that after using the beta for a bit and getting used to that new little activity window for transfers, I think I do like it, but.... ya there's always a but...

Can you please make it minimizable to the task bar? That would solve tons of things, maybe even allow us to minimize the entire program with that window to the system tray? If not the tray, just being able to minimize the transfer window would be awesome.

Thanks for the great update guys :)
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Oh, you can do that to in Direct FTP now as well Tom. Just simultaneously hold down the SHIFT+ALT+CTRL+M+Y+S+Q+L keys and then right-mouse click and select MySQL database dump. :)

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Sorry Tom, but he did get you good with that one ;):D
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Yes. That was very funny and made my day. :)
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 2069396 Photo

7 posts

Any idea why my Free FTP suddenly stopped working??
-- it says my license expired or is no longer valid
-- I'm scared to download the 4.4 version incase i lose all my logins :(

Janice
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

JANICE PALMER wrote:
Any idea why my Free FTP suddenly stopped working??
-- it says my license expired or is no longer valid
-- I'm scared to download the 4.4 version incase i lose all my logins :(

Janice

Download the latest version and see if it works. Any saved accounts will always be preserved. You should purchase Direct FTP anyways. Show us a little love. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2069396 Photo

7 posts

Loving you lots Scott, I have over 25 of your programs, my favorite is the Photo Gallery :cool:

Janice
User 2069396 Photo

7 posts

OK - install went well - but now I am no longer able to see the status of the files I am uploading ... has this (essential) feature been disabled in the latest version, or am i missing something ??

Janice
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

JANICE PALMER wrote:
OK - install went well - but now I am no longer able to see the status of the files I am uploading ... has this (essential) feature been disabled in the latest version, or am i missing something ??

Janice

See http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … irect-ftp/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2069396 Photo

7 posts

I'm in the habit of uploading one file at a time; so with your new Transfers Activity Window, each file I upload becomes part of a separate report; very frustrating to have to go through these reports when i used to have it all laid out in front of me :(

It would really streamline by work if I could see ALL the files at the same time.

And now I have this big empty space at the bottom of the screen ...

Is it possible to go back to the old display ??

Janice
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

The old display was taken out to the back field and put down. ;)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.