Issue uploadin pdf type files - Post...

User 166871 Photo

185 posts

For a month or more I have had difficulty uploading pdf type files to several servers using DirectFTP. The files upload fine,that is the file size is the same as what was on my computer however they are not accessible via web browser. I get blank pages where the document should be. When I upload via the provider's process the files view correctly. I have duplicated this on 2 server isp accounts. Lastly, I downloaded filezilla and the troublesome pdf file worked fine,.Viewing correctly.
I have tried this with files produced on a MAC using pages, on a windows PC using Adobe formatted pdf files. Using DirectFTP, the error occurs very often but not always. I uninstalled DirectFTP and reinstalled....no change. As I suggest, this has occurred only recently and since I have installed the latest creators update I suspect something has changed inside windows to create the issue.
Anyone else with similar issues? Solutions? by the way, html files css files etc all upload correctly it is only pdf files.
tom
Vista Tom

User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Scott's answer in this thread worked for Nikon, who had a similar problem

Frank
User 166871 Photo

185 posts

Nope did not work!
Vista Tom

User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

I've not been successful in replicating the matter using Microsoft Windows 10 Creators Edition [Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.447)], and uploading to my free CoffeeCup S-Drive web space using Direct FTP.

Hopefully others will be able to help, but it doesn't seem an easy issue: Googling 'upload pdf blank' leads to numerous reports of similar problems and a variety of causes found, many unrelated to the particular.FTP program used.

Frank
User 166871 Photo

185 posts

It does not happen with filezilla....S-drive is coffee cup so not sure that is a valid test, I have tried godaddy and lunar pages....happens with direct and doesn't happen with filezilla.
Tom
Vista Tom

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.